It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:14 pm 

My brother-in-law was a cop. (I got to play with all the toys). He got fed up and quit...sells cars, or insurance now.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 pm 
The Magnanimous

rushrock wrote:
My brother-in-law was a cop. (I got to play with all the toys). He got fed up and quit...sells cars, or insurance now.

Depending upon where you worked, I imagine it really could do a number on your view of mankind.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:31 pm 

-dz- wrote:
rushrock wrote:

Depending upon where you worked, I imagine it really could do a number on your view of mankind.

It was in rural Georgia. :whoa:

:gha:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:38 pm 
The Magnanimous

rushrock wrote:
-dz- wrote:
rushrock wrote:

It was in rural Georgia. :whoa:

:gha:

My point exactly. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:46 pm 

-dz- wrote:
rushrock wrote:

A guy I knew quit the force after fifteen years, to open a bar.
He said he couldn't deal with the dregs of society anymore, and he was talking about the other cops. :ha:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:56 pm 

matt523 wrote:
-dz- wrote:
matt523 wrote:
Is there a "where to fire your gun while *manure* faced drunk" part of their training? :hm2:

In light of this it kind of looks like it should be, don't you think?

I'll be needing a fifth of bourbon, a fifth of rum, some tequila, and a .38 snub nose.

You can borrow your wife's. :)

They need this training, for the times they mistake their gun with their malt liquor holster.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:58 pm 

Maredie wrote:
matt523 wrote:
-dz- wrote:
matt523 wrote:
Is there a "where to fire your gun while *manure* faced drunk" part of their training? :hm2:

I'll be needing a fifth of bourbon, a fifth of rum, some tequila, and a .38 snub nose.

They need this training, for the times they mistake their gun with their malt liquor holster.

:arg:
It's my gun!
She just "commandeered" it. :pout:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:59 pm 

Most of this garbage is the result of "affirmative action".
It gives guns and authority to people who can't handle it.
It puts all of us at risk.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 pm 

matt523 wrote:
-dz- wrote:
matt523 wrote:

Good point.
I'll start working on a lesson plan.

Oh yeah, better put in for some extra body armor too.
Most cops I know can't hit the target sober, I can't wait to see how bad they are when drunk.

This is funny.
The other day, a certain officer and I were shooting my pellet pistol.

The conversation ended up with, kermit: "dude, don't they let you practice????"

His response...."I've not had as much to drink as you have" :whoa:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:30 pm 

On another take here in washington state...where they love to preach to the general public about locking your guns up and trigger locks whe hav a cop in his private car that left a loaded hand gun...he left his kids in the car while shoppping and you guessed it..one of the kids was killed with the gun...charges are pending an invrstigation and there is weeping and wailing for the poor cop.....if it were you or I we'd already be charged with manslaughter of some type...

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:55 pm 
The Magnanimous

Quote:
Twice-fired Dallas cop arrested

By TANYA EISERER Staff Writer
teiserer@dallasnews.com

Published 29 June 2011 03:14 PM

A Dallas police officer with a troubled disciplinary history was arrested Wednesday and accused of stealing a gun from a motorist, authorities say.

Officer Lavar Horne faces a charge of theft by a public servant and tampering with evidence. Both are third-degree felonies punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Officer Lavar Horne

Police Chief David Brown fired Horne and two other officers Wednesday during disciplinary hearings. One officer fought with a hospital employee and wrote about it on Facebook, and the other fought with the owner and a bouncer at a Greenville bar, police officials said.

With these firings, 24 officers have been terminated through the department’s internal affairs disciplinary process since Brown assumed command of the department more than a year ago.

Brown did not respond to a request for comment. Horne’s attorney declined to comment.

Authorities say Horne conducted a traffic stop on April 28 during which he searched a vehicle and seized a handgun and marijuana. He allowed the occupants of the vehicle to leave without arresting them.

Horne, who was assigned to northeast patrol at the time, did not take the gun and the marijuana to the property room at the end of his shift as required, police officials said. Later, a man in the vehicle contacted a supervisor at Horne’s patrol station and told them that Horne had taken the gun.

Horne told the supervisor that he didn’t have the gun but later told police commanders that he had forgotten he had it in his bag. He told investigators that he threw the marijuana away, police said.

Investigators also found that he turned off his digital video recorder during the traffic stop. They also discovered that he had turned off his in-car computer and didn’t notify police dispatchers that he’d stopped a vehicle.

Horne, who grew up in South Dallas, was featured in November 2003 in The Dallas Morning News in a series of stories about the department’s questionable hiring practices.

The department rejected Horne the first time he applied in 2001. He failed the civil service exam. A three-officer screening board deemed him “unable to logically process information,” according to department records.

He reapplied, and the department hired him in December 2002. He was fired in October 2003 after the department discovered his license had been suspended for eight months for not having auto insurance. As a probationary officer, he had no right of appeal.

In January 2004, then-interim Police Chief Randy Hampton reinstated Horne after he told Hampton that he had never received notice that his license had been suspended. He also showed Hampton evidence that he had always had insurance.

“Some people had been saying I was a bad officer, and I’m going to prove them wrong. I’m going to go back and do my job,” Horne told The News at the time.

Between 2005 and 2007, Horne was disciplined three times for missing court. In December 2008, he received a 20-day suspension after internal investigators said he had had turned in fake doctor’s notes.

When confronted, Horne admitted they were fake and said he made a mistake because he panicked.

“I apologize to the department … for my conduct in making a very bad decision,” Horne wrote to police investigators. “I can promise and assure you this will not happen again.”

Around that same time, Horne also fell under scrutiny after vice detectives believed he had tipped off club employees about an impending raid. Horne denied having tipped anybody off and said he was not aware of the upcoming raid. Internal affairs investigators ultimately couldn’t prove that Horne had tipped anybody off.

Also fired Wednesday:

Sgt. Hector Roa, once a rising star in the department, was fired over an off-duty February 2010 incident in which authorities say he fought with and pulled a gun on a Greenville Avenue bar owner and bouncer in a drunken rage as they tried to get him to leave at closing time. Roa faces two counts of aggravated assault in connection with the bar incident but he has not been indicted — highly unusual given how long ago the incident occurred. Roa told investigators that he was acting in self-defense.

Sgt. Hector Roa

Also cited in his firing was an incident that occurred in September 2010 where he hit a parked car in the parking garage of his apartment complex. Roa told investigators that he accidentally hit the parked car and placed a business card on the vehicle. No card was found. When police supervisors arrived at Roa’s apartment, they found him intoxicated. Roa was on administrative leave for the February incident at the time, and since the accident occurred during what would have been his duty hours, he was found to be drunk on duty. Roa denied being intoxicated when he hit the parked car.

Senior Cpl. Cat Lafitte was fired after internal investigators found she escalated a February disturbance and posted comments on Facebook that could put the Police Department in a bad light.

Senior Cpl. Cat Lafitte

She is now facing a misdemeanor assault charge over the incident, in which she was accused of attacking a hospital employee with a boot at a Plano hospital. Lafitte told investigators that she acted in self-defense when the employee tried to put her in a headlock and slammed her to the ground. Lafitte bragged about the incident on Facebook, noting that she “took his [expletive] to school.”

She later told investigators that she made these comments during a medical crisis and said, “There is nothing offensive or inflammatory about them unless they are taken out of context.”

Internal investigators also found that Lafitte was absent without leave for a week in May and that she violated the department’s sick leave policy.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5d4_1309483625

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 pm 

24 in one year :shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:07 pm 

"With these firings, 24 officers have been terminated through the department’s internal affairs disciplinary process since Brown assumed command of the department more than a year ago."

That guy needs to get a Nobel prize or something. :nod:
For doing his job. :arg:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 pm 

paulh wrote:
24 in one year :shock:

Probably less then half that deserve to go.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 pm 

matt523 wrote:
Maredie wrote:
matt523 wrote:
-dz- wrote:
matt523 wrote:

It's my gun!

Shades of Sam Kinison, :laugh:
She took your fun gun? "But honey all the rest of the guys are taking theirs!"

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:44 pm 

monticello wrote:
matt523 wrote:
Maredie wrote:

It's my gun!

That's OK.
I have plenty of spares. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:32 pm 

"It smells like sex in here."

-Super Troopers

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:55 pm 

My great uncle was a chief of police in a small town and they named the city park after him.
A full blooded native to boot. Most police are good and deal with more then I'd care to. The job has got to suck in any town of size.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:39 pm 

matt523 wrote:
monticello wrote:
matt523 wrote:
Maredie wrote:

It's my gun!

That's OK.
I have plenty of spares. :)

Well, I'm not sure about your chances of "re-commandeering" it... :hm2:

:laugh:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:17 pm 
The Magnanimous

-dz- wrote:
And for those who think the police are the only people who are qualified to handle guns in the civilian world. A Dallas police officer was arrested recently for driving down the freeway with shooting a handgun out the window of his car, but it's okay because he was off duty, drunk and only had a little bit of marijuana in the car. What's even better he was arrested two years prior on a domestic violence beef (for civilians that's a kiss your CHL goodbye charge).

Quote:
Dallas officer arrested for shooting at cars

DALLAS -

New information has been released about the Dallas police officer arrested and charged with aggravated assault after allegedly shooting at drivers.

Police said Officer Raphael Mendoza was driving erratically down Interstate 30 near Big Town Boulevard on Saturday night, waiving a gun out the window and pointing it at several cars.

Two witnesses called police including one who said Mendoza put a bullet in his trunk. According to court documents, that bullet went through the trunk, into the back seat and lodged itself in the front, right passenger seat.

Police followed Mendoza as he exited at Northwest Drive and they said he ran a red light. Then he turned off his lights as he passed a Jack in the Box restaurant and pulled around the corner to Morningside Court, where police said he tossed his gun out the window.

Court documents showed police found Mendoza's 9 millimeter handgun on the curb next to some mailboxes. They also found a small bag of marijuana in his patrol bag and he told officers he had six drinks.

Officer Mendoza's behavior is no surprise to his neighbor, David Leon. Although, he said he was shocked to see the 34-year-old roughing up his girlfriend last July.

"He had his hands on her shoulders, shaking her. And she was screaming and stuff," he said. "Her hair was waiving and stuff and I was like, man."

According to Dallas police reports, Mendoza was accused of shoving the woman to the ground and handcuffing her outside his Bryan Place Apartments. He allegedly left her sitting there for an hour.

"He's a police officer. He's not supposed to be doing that. I was trying to figure out should I call the police on a police officer. I don't know how that works," Leon said.

The woman didn't prosecute and the charges were dropped, but Mendoza was put on administration leave and suspended from work for five days.

Leon said it has been quiet around the apartments since then but he still can't say he's surprised to hear about his neighbor's alleged behavior over the weekend.

"Just to know he's a police officer and he's done that," he said.

In addition to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, Mendoza was booked for DWI and possession of marijuana. His bond for the three offenses was set at $51,000. And he's back on administrative lead for this latest incident.

Terminated.

Quote:
Dallas Police Chief David Brown fires three officers
By
Tanya Eiserer/Reporter
teiserer@dallasnews.com
4:24 PM on Fri., May. 4, 2012

Thumbnail image for dpdalcohol.jpg Dallas Police Chief David Brown fired three officers Friday in cases involving alleged substance abuse, including one who police say drove drunk and fired a weapon out of his car and another found to have misused prescription drugs.

With these firings, at least 30 officers have been terminated through the department's internal affairs disciplinary process since Brown became the top cop about two years ago.

Of those terminated Friday, Officer Rafael Mendoza, 34, made headlines with his April 29 arrest in Mesquite on suspicion of aggravated assault for allegedly firing his weapon at another vehicle, drunken driving and possession of marijuana.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archive ... ow-11.html

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:09 am 

-dz- wrote:
Walkntall wrote:
My buddy is spending his last years with the Edmonton Police force (due to back problems) in recruitment

Walks Police buddy wrote:
Walk ... you wouldn't believe the retards walking through the door to become Police Officers

I did a ride along with an officer who wasn't a retard, but who seemed to be in for the pay and benefits. You ask questions like, "How does the department measure your effectiveness?" And he looks at you like you were speaking Chinese. He had a nice quiet beat and a routine he liked. Zero interest in firearms.

On the other hand, the firearms instructor for the department would talk your ear off about guns and most have stories of why they got into the work.

Spent some time talking to the bomb squad guys and you go away thing there is a competent guy who loves his job. Ditto the K-9 officers.

Holy Cow ... Talk with the Swat guys :whoa:

Most Cops I know personally are the undercover guys and they have no use for the rank and file officers.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:57 am 
The Magnanimous

Walkntall wrote:
-dz- wrote:
Walkntall wrote:
My buddy is spending his last years with the Edmonton Police force (due to back problems) in recruitment

Walk ... you wouldn't believe the retards walking through the door to become Police Officers

I did a ride along with an officer who wasn't a retard, but who seemed to be in for the pay and benefits. You ask questions like, "How does the department measure your effectiveness?" And he looks at you like you were speaking Chinese. He had a nice quiet beat and a routine he liked. Zero interest in firearms.

On the other hand, the firearms instructor for the department would talk your ear off about guns and most have stories of why they got into the work.

Spent some time talking to the bomb squad guys and you go away thing there is a competent guy who loves his job. Ditto the K-9 officers.

Holy Cow ... Talk with the Swat guys :whoa:

Most Cops I know personally are the undercover guys and they have no use for the rank and file officers.

Our city has a bomb squad that gets grants from the feds. The one thing you learn real quick is how the feds have their tentacles inside city police forces, but I digress. Part of the deal with the feds is they provide county wide bomb squad support. The city has a citizen's police academy to introduce you to the department and how it works (one night per week, three hours, 10 weeks). This was bomb squad night. The officers hung around after to chat, so I didn't mean to give the impression I was hanging with the bomb squad.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:33 pm 

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why most people from Ft. Worth avoid Dallas at all costs.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:57 pm 

-dz- wrote:
And for those who think the police are the only people who are qualified to handle guns in the civilian world. A Dallas police officer was arrested recently for driving down the freeway with shooting a handgun out the window of his car, but it's okay because he was off duty, drunk and only had a little bit of marijuana in the car. What's even better he was arrested two years prior on a domestic violence beef (for civilians that's a kiss your CHL goodbye charge).

If he were In the Army, he would kiss his military career goodbye.

Dave

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:37 pm 
The Magnanimous

davidmdavis wrote:
-dz- wrote:

Dave

He got fired by DPD and I figure they'll have to charge him with at least one felony so maybe his police career is over, too.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:42 pm 

-dz- wrote:
davidmdavis wrote:
-dz- wrote:

Dave

He got fired by DPD and I figure they'll have to charge him with at least one felony so maybe his police career is over, too.

That is how I would be if I were a cop, lawless. You people are lucky I am not out there.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:02 pm 

-dz- wrote:
davidmdavis wrote:
-dz- wrote:

Dave

Chicago PD doesn't seem to have any problem with hiring felons.
Then again, most of our Governors are felons too. :hm2:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:53 pm 

Walkntall wrote:

I could tell you some stories too.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:17 am 
The Magnanimous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4hcAgOVOL0[/youtube]

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:11 pm 

-dz- wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4hcAgOVOL0[/youtube]

So you're walking down the street minding your own business and see this automatic rifle lying on the trunk of an unattended police cruiser.......

what I wonder do you do?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:15 pm 

monticello wrote:
So you're walking down the street minding your own business and see this automatic rifle lying on the trunk of an unattended police cruiser.......

what I wonder do you do?

I would have a cool new rifle in my collection.
Finders keepers! :gcheer:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:17 pm 

matt523 wrote:
monticello wrote:

what I wonder do you do?

Really? As soon as you snatch it up you'd probably hear screams from any observers and see them all dialing 911?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:22 pm 

monticello wrote:
matt523 wrote:
monticello wrote:

what I wonder do you do?

Really? As soon as you snatch it up you'd probably hear screams from any observers and see them all dialing 911?

I have a coat that I could hide that gun under. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:27 pm 

matt523 wrote:
monticello wrote:
matt523 wrote:
monticello wrote:

what I wonder do you do?

Being Illinois I half expected to hear you talking of a violin case to hide the "chopper" in, a M4 carbine would just about fit.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:37 pm 

monticello wrote:
matt523 wrote:
monticello wrote:
matt523 wrote:
monticello wrote:

what I wonder do you do?

Being Illinois I half expected to hear you talking of a violin case to hide the "chopper" in, a M4 carbine would just about fit.

Too cliché.
But floor length "duster" coats are very popular here.
Especially during the cold and/or rainy seasons.

I might have some trouble getting away with it in August though. I'd have to wrap it up in something. :hm2: