It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:05 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:06 pm
Posts: 8190
Location: 404 Not Found
DEPORT THE GOP ESTABLISHMENT
May 1, 2012

On no issue is the elite/American divide so great as on immigration. For decades, a majority of Americans have wanted to decrease immigration. Not just illegal immigration -- all immigration.

Nearly three times as many Americans support reducing immigration as want it to stay the same, according to Gallup polls. A grand total of 5 percent of the population want to increase legal immigration -- 10 times less than want to decrease it. I myself would like to deport the people responsible for our current immigration policies.

Our official policy is to turn away scientists in order to make room for illiterate Pakistani peasants who will drop out of high school to man coffee carts until deciding to plot a terrorist attack against the United States. That's this week's immigration poster boy, Najibullah Zazi.

Zazi's own step-uncle said of him: "He was a dumb kid, believe me." Our immigration officials said, WELCOME, ZAZI!... Oops, sorry Swedish scientists and nuclear engineers -- no room for you.

In February, Zazi pleaded guilty in a plot to bomb the New York City subway.

One of his co-conspirators, Zarein Ahmedzay, was welcomed from Afghanistan to America because he was willing to do a job no American would: drive a cab. Where are you going to find an American with a driver's license?

This week, a third accomplice, Adis Medunjanin, was convicted in the subway conspiracy. Medunjanin came from Bosnia and became an American citizen -- a priceless gift to The New York Times, which was then able to begin its article on his convictions: "An American citizen was convicted of a host of terrorism charges on Tuesday ..."

For this we can thank the late, lamented Teddy Kennedy, who altered our immigration laws in 1965 to ensure massive immigration from the Third World while severely limiting the number of Europeans who could come here.

And that's legal immigration. When it comes to illegal immigration, Americans are in a sputtering rage about politicians' obtuse refusal to address the problem.


Democrats look at immigration as a way to increase their voter rolls, and Republicans look at immigration as a way to get cheap labor for big business. Any Americans who disagree with our all-Third World immigration flow are called "racists."

This is why Democrats and establishment Republicans are desperate to talk Mitt Romney into flip-flopping on his immigration positions. He's with Americans.

In a novel thought, Romney proposes that we grant citizenship to people who would make America a better place, repeatedly saying that he would like to "staple a green card" to the diplomas of foreigners who receive Ph.D.s in math or the hard sciences. He may be the first national politician in two generations who thinks we should use legal immigration to get our average up.

It would be as if the University of North Carolina recruited only the top basketball players in the county, instead of -- out of fairness -- taking players of all skill levels, and their relatives. What? They already do that? Way to go, Carolina!

Romney is also one of the few politicians who acknowledge the danger of creating magnets for more illegal aliens streaming across the border.

During a primary debate last September, Romney said simply: "Of course we build a fence, and of course we do not give in-state tuition credits to people who come here illegally. That only attracts people to come here and take advantage of America's great beneficence." (These are the positions he took and enforced as governor of one of the most liberal states in the country.)

I would add that the absolute worst thing we could do is grant citizenship to illegal immigrant children brought here by their parents -- as the various DREAM acts do. What stronger magnet could we devise than offering citizenship to a person's children? (The parents will then become citizens, anyway, under our phony "family reunification" policy.)

Instead of drafting bills, such as the DREAM act, to give illegal aliens benefits, can't we all agree that the very first thing we have to do is seal the border? Otherwise, it's like mopping the floor before turning off the bathtub spigot.

First, turn off spigot; second, mop floor.

And surely no one wants any immigrants coming here and immediately going on welfare. (That would be like North Carolina actively recruiting the blind for their basketball team.) Can't we all agree not to give immigrants government handouts?

Starting with those two policies is not only logical, but will force Democrats to admit they have no intention of ever blocking the border. Their dearest desire is for immigrants to arrive, become dependent on government and start voting Democratic.

COPYRIGHT 2012 ANN COULTER
DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL UCLICK


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:45 am
Posts: 3781
Location: In Cincinnati, working the plan to undo everything Barack Obama's wrecking crew has done.
Geat column, Ann!

I guess I'm one of the 5%, though. I'd prefer the U. S. move immediately to extend those green cards to all the world's college graduates in math and science. Then, based on their current work experience in fields where the U. S. needs talent, I'd want us to extend job offers and free transportation to those that will help us most.

We do need to phase out the "family reunification" idea, or at least limit it to those immigrants who can support the family members they propose to bring in. Perhaps sponsors of family members should be required to establish trusts for relatives outside the U. S. big enough so that new immigrants who don't have the skills to be assets should have assets comparable to the skilled workers' earnings.

The problem of illegal aliens already in this country is soluble in several ways the liberals won't let us try, for no better reason than that the methods have proved successful in the past. Liberals prefer policies that have failed in the past, repeatedly. On the other hand, Obama's "stimulus"-deepened and regulation-prolonged Great Recession has proved a real stimulus for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens to deport themselves voluntarily at their own expense. Along with them have gone unknown numbers of American citizens who likewise can find a job in America no longer, due to Obama's policies.

My personal favorite policy to reduce illegal immigration, though, is to provide potential legal immigrants with a bounty program. If you are a high school graduate, free of disease, and have job skills including fluency in English, you should be able to get a "hunting license", a special green card that gives you twelve weeks to find an illegal alien currently employed in the U. S., report the illegal alien to immigration for immediate deportation, and step into the illegal alien's current job. The current U. S. citizen or corporation who employed the illegal alien upon whom you collect "bounty" should be required to keep you on the payroll until you find a better job, no matter how long that takes. Cost to the American taxpayers would be minimal, and could be charged to the employer as a fine.

We most definitely should deport every Hollywood celebrity who has ever threatened to leave the U. S. if his preferred political candidate is not elected.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:37 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Avatar by Sharon Lovelle (R.I.P.)
The Untied States allowed Iraq to hang one of the greatest minds ever to govern.

When Saddam Hussein called all the government officials to a meeting then locked the doors. I wonder what went through their minds the second the doors were locked. I wonder for some of them if they wished they had lived a more honest life. If they had wished they had not took advantage of the states treasury and the kind hearts of the people....

If the doors were locked in Washington you'd think they'd get worried?...No they wouldn't...They'd be trying to figure an angle how to steal more from the American people.....They'd be hoping their paid and hired crony bureaucrats would be cleaing out Fort Knox while the doors were locked because all their fellow thieves on both sides of the aisle was locked up too....They would not think about their wives and children but if their secretaries and girlfriends were cheating on them while they was under lock and key.....

They would not be afraid their lies and theft was about to be exposed and the puppeteers who held their strings with them.....

Could you imagine Jesus Christ walking into a joint house State of the Union meeting and sealing the doors and announce we are about to have the moment of truth. This is televised world wide. If you lie you will be turned into a pillar of salt immediately. I will not turn you to salt if you tell the truth but the American people will see what they had elected. This trial is a two way street for both them elected and those who elected them. If someone re-elects a person who confesses his theft and treachery then that entire electorate will be turned to salt....I mean why would God put such honorable men through such ridicule and threat of being turned to salt if fools would send Barrabas back to steal some more....


Well people can dream.....


I wish peace and long lives to all our elected officials.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:23 pm
Posts: 14843
Location: The origin of the Super Derecho.
Romney could be great, he really could. There are so many huge problems and an equal number of effective commonsense solutions that would have immediate and longlasting results.
What are you made of Mitt?
We will see.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:38 pm
Posts: 14545
Location: The New United Socialist States of America.
As previously posited by me... THE SINGLE BEST WAY TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS:
Pass legislation stating that there will be NO VOTING RIGHTS PERIOD for all ILLEGAL immigrants
past, present and future! Period.

When I got through to a local talk show with that comment, the host just blew me off with the comment...
You know THAT will never happen., Well "DUH".... No kidding.

Would it work? Is it THE RIGHT THING TO DO? 100% Absolutely!

As soon as the Democatzis know they cannot buy those illegal votes, and the Republicans don't have to worry
about the Democratzis getting those illegal votes... the party is OVER! Period!

But like Rush would say... from REALVILLE... "We need to get rid of the cause of the problem, before we can fix it!"
Oh hey.... That's exactly what Ann just said as well. I say the spigot is in Washington!
Plug it off! Then we can start to mop the floor.

I would at least like to see just one elected official propose my suggestion.
Gutless wonders..... 99% of our electeds....
I'd sure propose it, if I were one. I'd campaign on it!

Thanks again Ann. Sort of a soft pie-in-the-face to our elected officials.... but we'll take it.
Romney is going to both please and shock a lot of people. President Romney that is! :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 767
theoldway wrote:
Romney could be great, he really could. There are so many huge problems and an equal number of effective commonsense solutions that would have immediate and longlasting results.
What are you made of Mitt?
We will see.


Who knows what Romney will do after he is elected. I don't trust this Romney.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:50 pm
Posts: 11769
theoldway wrote:
Romney could be great, he really could.
Really, really?

FWIW, it's funny to hear Ann suggest the Republican Establishment is someone else, and not she, and not Romney.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:53 am
Posts: 12703
Location: Concealed.
The gift that keeps on grafting even from the grave....anyone have a wooden stake and ready for a messy mission?

Quote:
For this we can thank the late, lamented Teddy Kennedy, who altered our immigration laws in 1965 to ensure massive immigration from the Third World while severely limiting the number of Europeans who could come here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 3773
Location: West Virginia USA
And yet... she embraces the GOP Establishment candidate. :shake:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:27 pm
Posts: 2012
Location: Orange Park, FL
What is way and by far the number one reason illegals come here? To work and make money to send home. You want to get rid of illegals? Forget about wasting billions of dollars sealing the border. Just force the SSA to use the Instacheck system we've already paid for, and require every employer to submit the SSN of every employee through the system. Start sending employers to jail if they hire, or retain, someone who fails the Instacheck, and you'll see all those illegals headed back across the border since a bad job in Mexico is better than no job here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:44 pm
Posts: 18756
Location: Taxachusetts - Fighting for the survival of our Nation and our Heritage; current + 1815
flyover guy wrote:
As previously posited by me... THE SINGLE BEST WAY TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS:
Pass legislation stating that there will be NO VOTING RIGHTS PERIOD for all ILLEGAL immigrants
past, present and future! Period.

When I got through to a local talk show with that comment, the host just blew me off with the comment...
You know THAT will never happen., Well "DUH".... No kidding.

Would it work? Is it THE RIGHT THING TO DO? 100% Absolutely!

As soon as the Democatzis know they cannot buy those illegal votes, and the Republicans don't have to worry
about the Democratzis getting those illegal votes... the party is OVER! Period!

But like Rush would say... from REALVILLE... "We need to get rid of the cause of the problem, before we can fix it!"
Oh hey.... That's exactly what Ann just said as well. I say the spigot is in Washington!
Plug it off! Then we can start to mop the floor.

I would at least like to see just one elected official propose my suggestion.
Gutless wonders..... 99% of our electeds....
I'd sure propose it, if I were one. I'd campaign on it!

Thanks again Ann. Sort of a soft pie-in-the-face to our elected officials.... but we'll take it.
Romney is going to both please and shock a lot of people. President Romney that is! :nod:


No voter rights would NEVER work.

You'd be buried in complaints about them being subject to laws they had no say in.

Taxation without representation.

We fought a Revolution over the principle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:47 pm 
Two birds, one stone. Anyone in America Illegally step forward...fill out the appropriate paperwork. The government then has 6 months to reject your application for citizenship "for cause"..must be a legal reason outside of being here illegally.

So, the government must make a determination in less than 6 months or you are automatically a LEGAL citizen. 6 month rule applies for all new applicants.

Result: The government can't wipe it's own ass in 6 months so all the illegals will be legal, all "in-line" applicants will become citizens...the population will say "WTF???" and then will look into the government run operations of Social Security, VA, Medicaid, Post Office, Healthcare, Education, Banks, Fannie/Freddie/Sally etc...etc...and do away with government run programs.

We all win...you're welcome.. على الرحب والسعة, 欢迎您, che sono i benvenuti, Sie sind herzlich eingeladen, Usted es bienvenido, Vous êtes le bienvenu


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 2:54 pm
Posts: 1796
Location: Illinois
titan wrote:
flyover guy wrote:
As previously posited by me... THE SINGLE BEST WAY TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS:
Pass legislation stating that there will be NO VOTING RIGHTS PERIOD for all ILLEGAL immigrants
past, present and future! Period.

When I got through to a local talk show with that comment, the host just blew me off with the comment...
You know THAT will never happen., Well "DUH".... No kidding.

Would it work? Is it THE RIGHT THING TO DO? 100% Absolutely!

As soon as the Democatzis know they cannot buy those illegal votes, and the Republicans don't have to worry
about the Democratzis getting those illegal votes... the party is OVER! Period!

But like Rush would say... from REALVILLE... "We need to get rid of the cause of the problem, before we can fix it!"
Oh hey.... That's exactly what Ann just said as well. I say the spigot is in Washington!
Plug it off! Then we can start to mop the floor.

I would at least like to see just one elected official propose my suggestion.
Gutless wonders..... 99% of our electeds....
I'd sure propose it, if I were one. I'd campaign on it!

Thanks again Ann. Sort of a soft pie-in-the-face to our elected officials.... but we'll take it.
Romney is going to both please and shock a lot of people. President Romney that is! :nod:


No voter rights would NEVER work.

You'd be buried in complaints about them being subject to laws they had no say in.

Taxation without representation.

We fought a Revolution over the principle.


Seems like if they committed a felony, then they'd lose any potential voting rights. I think the only way to accomplish taking voting rights away from illegal immigrants would be to make it a felony, which I doubt would ever happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:29 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:49 am
Posts: 9703
Location: NY State
bjalder26 wrote:
titan wrote:
flyover guy wrote:
As previously posited by me... THE SINGLE BEST WAY TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS:
Pass legislation stating that there will be NO VOTING RIGHTS PERIOD for all ILLEGAL immigrants
past, present and future! Period.

When I got through to a local talk show with that comment, the host just blew me off with the comment...
You know THAT will never happen., Well "DUH".... No kidding.

Would it work? Is it THE RIGHT THING TO DO? 100% Absolutely!

As soon as the Democatzis know they cannot buy those illegal votes, and the Republicans don't have to worry
about the Democratzis getting those illegal votes... the party is OVER! Period!

But like Rush would say... from REALVILLE... "We need to get rid of the cause of the problem, before we can fix it!"
Oh hey.... That's exactly what Ann just said as well. I say the spigot is in Washington!
Plug it off! Then we can start to mop the floor.

I would at least like to see just one elected official propose my suggestion.
Gutless wonders..... 99% of our electeds....
I'd sure propose it, if I were one. I'd campaign on it!

Thanks again Ann. Sort of a soft pie-in-the-face to our elected officials.... but we'll take it.
Romney is going to both please and shock a lot of people. President Romney that is! :nod:


No voter rights would NEVER work.

You'd be buried in complaints about them being subject to laws they had no say in.

Taxation without representation.

We fought a Revolution over the principle.


Seems like if they committed a felony, then they'd lose any potential voting rights. I think the only way to accomplish taking voting rights away from illegal immigrants would be to make it a felony, which I doubt would ever happen.

It's a felony in Mexico. :shrug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:19 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Medford, Massachusetts
Quote:
As previously posited by me... THE SINGLE BEST WAY TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS:
Pass legislation stating that there will be NO VOTING RIGHTS PERIOD for all ILLEGAL immigrants
past, present and future! Period.

I can't speak for other states, but all you need to vote in Massachusetts is a utility bill. That's it, folks--- A utility bill gets you registered, and no ID is required on election day. To require anything more would be racist.

Exactly what is so great about becoming a citizen? The right to sit on a jury for a dollar a day? Why bother passing laws when we don't enforce them?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:30 am
Posts: 23940
Location: 4000+ posts Gone With The Wind on 1/14/09
Abysmul wrote:
And yet... she embraces the GOP Establishment candidate. :shake:



That's because she's a Republican.

As far as the "establishment" candidate, it was the American electorate that chose Romney; or are you against people's right to vote?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:51 pm
Posts: 1067
elvera wrote:
Abysmul wrote:
And yet... she embraces the GOP Establishment candidate. :shake:



That's because she's a Republican.

As far as the "establishment" candidate, it was the American electorate that chose Romney; or are you against people's right to vote?


So then Barack, Pelosi & Reid are correct and empowered to do their will because "it was the American electorate that chose" them?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:19 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Medford, Massachusetts
eminence88 wrote:
So then Barack, Pelosi & Reid are correct and empowered to do their will because "it was the American electorate that chose" them?

I think the point is that calling someone "the establishment" candidate implies they were anointed, not elected. Romney will be the Republican nominee because he competed and won using what every candidate used, money, debating skills, and campaigning. There were many in the so called "establishment" that pilloried Romney, and praised other candidates when their stars were on the rise. I understand sour grapes, but the continued subtle and not so subtle disparaging of the likely Republican candidate serves little purpose( unless your man is Ron Paul - the only other candidate still in the race ).

Electing Romney along with the most conservative Congress and Senate possible holds our best hope for waking up from this four year nightmare called the Obama administration.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:17 pm
Posts: 17319
Bruzilla wrote:
What is way and by far the number one reason illegals come here? To work and make money to send home. You want to get rid of illegals? Forget about wasting billions of dollars sealing the border. Just force the SSA to use the Instacheck system we've already paid for, and require every employer to submit the SSN of every employee through the system. Start sending employers to jail if they hire, or retain, someone who fails the Instacheck, and you'll see all those illegals headed back across the border since a bad job in Mexico is better than no job here.


How are you going to force employers to submit SSN information when they hire off the books in the first place? This is not a job for the federal government. It is the job of local jurisdictions to send in (already paid for by local taxes) code enforcement and the local police/sheriff dept. Coomunities ought to be allowed to enact their own laws, including public execution for those who knowingly hire illegal aliens. Let the local community decide how best to deal with this. The only role for the federal government should be to stay the hell out of the way, unless they intend to do their job and enforce border security to start.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:53 am
Posts: 12703
Location: Concealed.
grumpyewo wrote:
Bruzilla wrote:
What is way and by far the number one reason illegals come here? To work and make money to send home. You want to get rid of illegals? Forget about wasting billions of dollars sealing the border. Just force the SSA to use the Instacheck system we've already paid for, and require every employer to submit the SSN of every employee through the system. Start sending employers to jail if they hire, or retain, someone who fails the Instacheck, and you'll see all those illegals headed back across the border since a bad job in Mexico is better than no job here.


How are you going to force employers to submit SSN information when they hire off the books in the first place? This is not a job for the federal government. It is the job of local jurisdictions to send in (already paid for by local taxes) code enforcement and the local police/sheriff dept. Coomunities ought to be allowed to enact their own laws, including public execution for those who knowingly hire illegal aliens. Let the local community decide how best to deal with this. The only role for the federal government should be to stay the hell out of the way, unless they intend to do their job and enforce border security to start.


Companies forced to use E verify by their states and local enforcement to ensure that it happens, amen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:30 am
Posts: 23940
Location: 4000+ posts Gone With The Wind on 1/14/09
eminence88 wrote:
elvera wrote:
Abysmul wrote:
And yet... she embraces the GOP Establishment candidate. :shake:



That's because she's a Republican.

As far as the "establishment" candidate, it was the American electorate that chose Romney; or are you against people's right to vote?


So then Barack, Pelosi & Reid are correct and empowered to do their will because "it was the American electorate that chose" them?



Actually that's about how it goes. If something is unconstitutional then the right can challenge at the SCOTUS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:45 am
Posts: 3781
Location: In Cincinnati, working the plan to undo everything Barack Obama's wrecking crew has done.
eminence88 wrote:
elvera wrote:
Abysmul wrote:
And yet... she embraces the GOP Establishment candidate. :shake:



That's because she's a Republican.

As far as the "establishment" candidate, it was the American electorate that chose Romney; or are you against people's right to vote?


So then Barack, Pelosi & Reid are correct and empowered to do their will because "it was the American electorate that chose" them?


Yep. Elections have consequences. If some minor quibble like the plain language of the U. S. Constitution was going to get in Obama's way, why, he never would have bothered to run for election in the first place. The voters that put Obama in office, along with Pelosi, Reid, and the rest of the Democrat freak show, are forever responsible for the effects. Never honor any claim that a voter "didn't know" precisely what Obama and company would get up to. By and large, Democrats expect to die of old age in office, like Ted Kennedy and John Murtha. American voters gave them that expectation.

I'm desperately hoping that we don't experience four more years of Obama changes. I'd much rather be thoroughly disgusted and disheartened by the manifold disappointments I expect from a President Willard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:44 pm
Posts: 18756
Location: Taxachusetts - Fighting for the survival of our Nation and our Heritage; current + 1815
bjalder26 wrote:
titan wrote:
flyover guy wrote:
As previously posited by me... THE SINGLE BEST WAY TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS:
Pass legislation stating that there will be NO VOTING RIGHTS PERIOD for all ILLEGAL immigrants
past, present and future! Period.

When I got through to a local talk show with that comment, the host just blew me off with the comment...
You know THAT will never happen., Well "DUH".... No kidding.

Would it work? Is it THE RIGHT THING TO DO? 100% Absolutely!

As soon as the Democatzis know they cannot buy those illegal votes, and the Republicans don't have to worry
about the Democratzis getting those illegal votes... the party is OVER! Period!

But like Rush would say... from REALVILLE... "We need to get rid of the cause of the problem, before we can fix it!"
Oh hey.... That's exactly what Ann just said as well. I say the spigot is in Washington!
Plug it off! Then we can start to mop the floor.

I would at least like to see just one elected official propose my suggestion.
Gutless wonders..... 99% of our electeds....
I'd sure propose it, if I were one. I'd campaign on it!

Thanks again Ann. Sort of a soft pie-in-the-face to our elected officials.... but we'll take it.
Romney is going to both please and shock a lot of people. President Romney that is! :nod:


No voter rights would NEVER work.

You'd be buried in complaints about them being subject to laws they had no say in.

Taxation without representation.

We fought a Revolution over the principle.


Seems like if they committed a felony, then they'd lose any potential voting rights. I think the only way to accomplish taking voting rights away from illegal immigrants would be to make it a felony, which I doubt would ever happen.


We could always deny them the vote until they achieved LEGAL citizenship status.

Illegal immigrants can't vote now (or are doing so illegally). Citizenship is required.

Anyone who doesn't legally achieve citizenship is just a plain old resident alien (like it has been historically), or migrant worker (via permit).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:03 pm
Posts: 1134
Location: Eastern Missouri
An illegal alien should not be allowed to stay in the country, working or not. If we allow Mexicans to work, don't we need to allow all other illegal aliens to work? And all that goes with working, taxes, benefits, etc., should go with that.

My point is, no rights, no stay. Illegals by definition should not enjoy any aspect of this country lest it be to find sanctuary for persecution.

Give us your tired, your poor.

Once again, Ann is right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:02 pm
Posts: 603
Abysmul wrote:
And yet... she embraces the GOP Establishment candidate. :shake:



I thought there was no GOP Establishment?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group