It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:21 pm 
Offline
Forum Administrator

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:59 pm
Posts: 32646
Location: Wisconsin
THE VAGINA DIATRIBES

March 14th, 2012


Did I miss the deadline for alternative opinions on Sandra Fluke?

What with liberal women constantly talking about their vaginas suddenly pretending to be offended by the word "slut," and conservatives pretending to be as pussified as liberals about the nasty names they've been called, I never got an answer to the most pressing question about Sandra Fluke: Who are you again?

Was Fluke dragged out of obscurity after the women of America took a vote and chose her as our spokeswoman? Please, Sandra, we know how deeply private, publicity-shy and terribly busy with law school you are, but we need you to speak for us!

I don't think that happened. Rather, Fluke is the latest in a long line of my absolute favorite liberal typology: hysterical drama queens.

From Murphy Brown to the Jersey Girls, Cindy Sheehan, Joe Wilson and the New School's Jean Rohe, these fantasists inject themselves into a boiling-hot public debate and then claim victim status when anyone criticizes them.

At least since I've been keeping score, liberals had their first brush with the dark night of fascism in 1992, when Dan Quayle said of a fictional TV character: "It doesn't help matters when prime-time TV has Murphy Brown ... mocking the importance of fathers by bearing a child alone and calling it just another lifestyle choice."

Suddenly, it was 1939 Germany and multimillionaire Hollywood elites were the Jews.

At the Emmy Awards ceremony that year, the creator of "Murphy Brown," Diane English, took the occasion to say: "I would like to thank our sponsors for hanging in there when it was getting really dangerous."

Really dangerous? You want "really dangerous"? Try being a pedestrian crossing Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica when Diane English is being driven to the airport! (A year earlier, English's husband mowed down the matriarch of Santa Monica's Chez Jay, killing her, while driving his wife to the airport.)


Marge Tabankin, executive director of the Hollywood Women's Political Committee, said: "The community feels targeted. It's created a chill and fear reminiscent of the '50s. Let's face it: We feel we're being used as whipping boys."

Yes, Hollywood liberals have got balls to spare, and that's why I admire them so much.

But the Academy Award winners of liberal martyrdom are the Dixie Chicks. In 2003, Chick Natalie Maines sucked up to a Bush-hating London audience by saying, "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas."

What an odd coincidence that the only city Maines attacked Bush in was London! In a way, it was lucky for the band that, in their entire 60-city world tour, Maines claimed to be embarrassed by Bush only in London and not, say, Lubbock, Texas.

But at least we had heard of Murphy Brown and the Dixie Chicks before they demanded we all stand in awe of their raw courage.

Fluke was an absolute nobody who simply thrust herself into the limelight. She's more the Jean Rohe iteration of the liberal drama queen.

Rohe, you will recall, was the student speaker at the 2006 New School commencement proceedings, who bravely insulted the official speaker, Sen. John McCain.

As Rohe described her decision to attack the invited speaker, every person she talked to the day before the ceremony hated McCain with blind fury. At two graduation ceremonies a day earlier, attacks on McCain brought wild cheers from the audience.

Rohe's resolve to tell the audience what it wanted to hear was only hardened when she was told there would be media at the event.

Sensing that fake heroism was within her grasp, Rohe explained: "It was something I didn't want to do, but knew I had to out of an obligation to my own values" -- such as the value of being popular, of getting a standing ovation and of being praised for her courage.

Liberals' idea of questioning authority is to check with the authorities to see if a "Question Authority" bumper sticker would be popular.

So, back to Fluke: Who is she, and how did she become the spokesperson for American womanhood? If we're allowed to submit names, I think we can do better than a Georgetown law student whose claim to fame is that she belongs to a college club on "reproductive justice."

Pursuing a typical path to liberal heroics, Fluke was an utter nobody whom the Democrats substituted in a last-minute witness-switch to testify about contraception -- as if her haircut isn't birth control enough -- at a hearing on "religious liberty."

Despite her credentials as a heretofore unheard-of "birth control activist," the Oversight and Government Reform Committee declined to accept this 11th-hour witness on the grounds that Fluke did not have appropriate credentials for any congressional hearing, much less one on religious liberty.

That was the Republicans' first foray into "silencing" Fluke's "voice."

Nancy Pelosi used an even less appropriate committee to ensure that Fluke's "voice" would be heard -- the Democrats' Steering and Policy Committee, the normal function of which is to give House Democrats committee assignments.

One longtime Democratic operative admitted privately that Fluke was the least-qualified witness ever to appear before a congressional committee.

As a result of the huge commotion the Democrats' made of Fluke's "testimony," she was ridiculed the same way people in ridiculous situations often are. She was called some mean names: "slut," "prostitute," "law student" ...

In full indignation, Fluke said her critics were trying "to silence women's voices." She said this on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, NPR and a number of other national media outlets.

Thus, Fluke became a liberal hero even braver than an actress standing up for abortion rights in front of a Bill Maher audience.

President Obama called Fluke and told her that her parents should be proud of her and to make sure she was OK. Hillary Clinton said conservatives were trying to control women. Bill Clinton called her to see if she had any plans for the weekend.

(Fluke seems to be holding up wonderfully under the nightmare of constant TV appearances. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd think she's enjoying herself tremendously.)

I don't care what liberals believe. Just please stop telling me they're courageous for saying exactly what every non-Fox media outlet in America is dying to hear, or I'll throw up harder than Rick Santorum did when he read John F. Kennedy's speech.

COPYRIGHT 2012 ANN COULTER
DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL UCLICK
1130 Walnut St., Kansas City, MO 64106; 816-581-7500


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:18 pm
Posts: 2568
Ann Coulter wrote:

Pursuing a typical path to liberal heroics, Fluke was an utter nobody whom the Democrats substituted in a last-minute witness-switch to testify about contraception -- as if her haircut isn't birth control enough -- at a hearing on "religious liberty."


President Obama called Fluke and told her that her parents should be proud of her and to make sure she was OK. Hillary Clinton said conservatives were trying to control women. Bill Clinton called her to see if she had any plans for the weekend.



:laugh: Awesome! :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:49 am
Posts: 8955
Location: NY State
Hmmmm. What is that word we use for a woman who might need contraception when she isn't married?

Definition of SLUT
1 : chiefly British : a slovenly woman No. That's not it. :hm2:
2a : a promiscuous woman; especially : prostitute

If we leave out the idea of taking pay, we're left with a Slut, type two alpha non-gratuity.

Promiscuous ladies of America! If you insist, men who sleep with sluts will buy your pills. You don't need government red tape.

Thanks for the great column, Ann. Your take on faux bravery hit the bulls eye. :beam:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 9:44 am
Posts: 1384
Quote:
as if her haircut isn't birth control enough



:ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 6:02 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: Directly above my own butthole.
You know, as one who studied zoology, I couldn't help notice the irony of a liberal having the same name as a type of parasite. You know how a fluke is different from a leech? A leech just wants a free ride on Humphrey Bogart's back; Sandra Fluke wants a free ride on society's back.

Continuing the zoological humor, you know the old riddle "Where does a 400 pound gorilla sleep? Anywhere he wants!" Apparently given Fluke's preferred form of recreation, the riddle "Where does a 120 pound female Georgetown law student sleep?" has the same answer...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 2
Finally, or so I thought, a column that was interesting and that wasn't either praising Romney or bashing the other candidates. I thought, "great, I can begin reading Ann's columns again." Why, why, did you have to throw that last sentence in your column? The rest of it was great, but a bad ending can really spoil the taste of an otherwise good thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:03 pm
Posts: 1033
Location: Eastern Missouri
Ann Coulter wrote:
THE VAGINA DIATRIBES

March 14th, 2012


I don't care what liberals believe. Just please stop telling me they're courageous for saying exactly what every non-Fox media outlet in America is dying to hear, or I'll throw up harder than Rick Santorum did when he read John F. Kennedy's speech.



Excellent article, Ann. Absolutely LOOOVED the ending, dolling!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:11 am
Posts: 11719
Location: I've gotta get out of this place....
:clap: :clap: :clap:
And Tuls is Slut spelled backwards.

:gcorn:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:45 am
Posts: 3780
Location: In Cincinnati, working the plan to undo everything Barack Obama's wrecking crew has done.
Airwarrior wrote:
Ann Coulter wrote:
THE VAGINA DIATRIBES

March 14th, 2012


I don't care what liberals believe. Just please stop telling me they're courageous for saying exactly what every non-Fox media outlet in America is dying to hear, or I'll throw up harder than Rick Santorum did when he read John F. Kennedy's speech.



Excellent article, Ann. Absolutely LOOOVED the ending, dolling!


Yeah, the gratuitous slur on Rick Santorum was a stupid way to end an otherwise great column, wasn't it?

If you actually look at JFK's homage to the "separation of Church and State", as he worded it and in the context of his times, the speech really was nauseating. Regardless how you feel about our "first Catholic President", as a President, JFK was not a practical Catholic. And that speech outed JFK as one more anti-Catholic bigot in politics.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 42
Can someone...anyone find out how Fluke got involved in the first place? Who originally called her? Found her? Who exactly invited her to testify in the first place?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:27 pm
Posts: 4782
Location: Circling the monetary black hole
radjah shelduck wrote:
You know, as one who studied zoology, I couldn't help notice the irony of a liberal having the same name as a type of parasite. You know how a fluke is different from a leech? A leech just wants a free ride on Humphrey Bogart's back; Sandra Fluke wants a free ride on society's back.

Continuing the zoological humor, you know the old riddle "Where does a 400 pound gorilla sleep? Anywhere he wants!" Apparently given Fluke's preferred form of recreation, the riddle "Where does a 120 pound female Georgetown law student sleep?" has the same answer...


:clap:

Another irony is that Fluke was asking to free ride on the system. Obamacare was supposedly designed to reduce free riders. Unintended consequences?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 1:13 pm
Posts: 1165
Thank you Miss Ann for taking on Fluke's so called "courage" Someone injects herself into the national debate and then acts like a damsel in distress. I'm so sick of all that. On a separate note, feminists can't have it both ways. You can't say the government should give you contraceptives for free and then say, "government out of my vagina." What someone pays for, he owns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:45 pm
Posts: 86
Location: Hotlanta
Kudzuisedible wrote:
Airwarrior wrote:
Ann Coulter wrote:
THE VAGINA DIATRIBES

March 14th, 2012


I don't care what liberals believe. Just please stop telling me they're courageous for saying exactly what every non-Fox media outlet in America is dying to hear, or I'll throw up harder than Rick Santorum did when he read John F. Kennedy's speech.



Excellent article, Ann. Absolutely LOOOVED the ending, dolling!


Yeah, the gratuitous slur on Rick Santorum was a stupid way to end an otherwise great column, wasn't it?

If you actually look at JFK's homage to the "separation of Church and State", as he worded it and in the context of his times, the speech really was nauseating. Regardless how you feel about our "first Catholic President", as a President, JFK was not a practical Catholic. And that speech outed JFK as one more anti-Catholic bigot in politics.

Indeed! As I was reading the article I thought, at long last a column where Ann is not bashing a Republican candidate. And then I got to the last line. Oh well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:03 pm
Posts: 1033
Location: Eastern Missouri
deadheaddave wrote:
Kudzuisedible wrote:
Airwarrior wrote:
Ann Coulter wrote:
THE VAGINA DIATRIBES

March 14th, 2012


I don't care what liberals believe. Just please stop telling me they're courageous for saying exactly what every non-Fox media outlet in America is dying to hear, or I'll throw up harder than Rick Santorum did when he read John F. Kennedy's speech.



Excellent article, Ann. Absolutely LOOOVED the ending, dolling!


Yeah, the gratuitous slur on Rick Santorum was a stupid way to end an otherwise great column, wasn't it?

If you actually look at JFK's homage to the "separation of Church and State", as he worded it and in the context of his times, the speech really was nauseating. Regardless how you feel about our "first Catholic President", as a President, JFK was not a practical Catholic. And that speech outed JFK as one more anti-Catholic bigot in politics.

Indeed! As I was reading the article I thought, at long last a column where Ann is not bashing a Republican candidate. And then I got to the last line. Oh well.


Just wait until she cuts loose on Romney...in 2039? Maybe sooner if the boyfriend syndrome runs its course sooner. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 pm
Posts: 43
wlc wrote:
radjah shelduck wrote:
You know, as one who studied zoology, I couldn't help notice the irony of a liberal having the same name as a type of parasite. You know how a fluke is different from a leech? A leech just wants a free ride on Humphrey Bogart's back; Sandra Fluke wants a free ride on society's back.

Continuing the zoological humor, you know the old riddle "Where does a 400 pound gorilla sleep? Anywhere he wants!" Apparently given Fluke's preferred form of recreation, the riddle "Where does a 120 pound female Georgetown law student sleep?" has the same answer...


:clap:

Another irony is that Fluke was asking to free ride on the system. Obamacare was supposedly designed to reduce free riders. Unintended consequences?

You almost veered into it with the zoology analogy. I kept thinking how these law stoonts at Greorgetown resembled Bonobos.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 11:11 am
Posts: 1587
Location: east coast
I was thinking for weeks that the Fluke story had all the same elements of those the left holds up as untouchable and beyond reproach, just like Ann talks about in Godless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:45 am
Posts: 3780
Location: In Cincinnati, working the plan to undo everything Barack Obama's wrecking crew has done.
Airwarrior wrote:
deadheaddave wrote:
Kudzuisedible wrote:
Airwarrior wrote:
Ann Coulter wrote:
THE VAGINA DIATRIBES

March 14th, 2012


I don't care what liberals believe. Just please stop telling me they're courageous for saying exactly what every non-Fox media outlet in America is dying to hear, or I'll throw up harder than Rick Santorum did when he read John F. Kennedy's speech.



Excellent article, Ann. Absolutely LOOOVED the ending, dolling!


Yeah, the gratuitous slur on Rick Santorum was a stupid way to end an otherwise great column, wasn't it?

If you actually look at JFK's homage to the "separation of Church and State", as he worded it and in the context of his times, the speech really was nauseating. Regardless how you feel about our "first Catholic President", as a President, JFK was not a practical Catholic. And that speech outed JFK as one more anti-Catholic bigot in politics.

Indeed! As I was reading the article I thought, at long last a column where Ann is not bashing a Republican candidate. And then I got to the last line. Oh well.


Just wait until she cuts loose on Romney...in 2039? Maybe sooner if the boyfriend syndrome runs its course sooner. :wink:


I'd suggest Ann would be "cured" about 90 days into President Willard Romney's first and last term in office. Expect ten straight columns on the theme "The RINO lied and my hopes died." And Prez Willard would still be so much better than Obama that I'm willing to vote for the flip-flopping flim-flammer if he's the GOP nominee. But better we kill Mittens' ambition to be the nominee by supporting Rick Santorum, before time runs out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:45 am
Posts: 3780
Location: In Cincinnati, working the plan to undo everything Barack Obama's wrecking crew has done.
Perdido wrote:
wlc wrote:
radjah shelduck wrote:
You know, as one who studied zoology, I couldn't help notice the irony of a liberal having the same name as a type of parasite. You know how a fluke is different from a leech? A leech just wants a free ride on Humphrey Bogart's back; Sandra Fluke wants a free ride on society's back.

Continuing the zoological humor, you know the old riddle "Where does a 400 pound gorilla sleep? Anywhere he wants!" Apparently given Fluke's preferred form of recreation, the riddle "Where does a 120 pound female Georgetown law student sleep?" has the same answer...


:clap:

Another irony is that Fluke was asking to free ride on the system. Obamacare was supposedly designed to reduce free riders. Unintended consequences?

You almost veered into it with the zoology analogy. I kept thinking how these law stoonts at Greorgetown resembled Bonobos.


Yeah, they sometimes kill and eat their babies....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:45 am
Posts: 3780
Location: In Cincinnati, working the plan to undo everything Barack Obama's wrecking crew has done.
Did someone ask for background on the slut parasite Sandra Fluke?

Quote:
Sandra Fluke’s professional background in domestic violence and human trafficking began with Sanctuary for Families in New York City. There, she launched the agency’s pilot Program Evaluation Initiative. While at Sanctuary, she co-founded the New York Statewide Coalition for Fair Access to Family Court, which after a twenty-year stalemate, successfully advocated for legislation granting access to civil orders of protection for unmarried victims of domestic violence, including LGBTQ victims and teens. Sandra was also a member of the Manhattan Borough President’s Taskforce on Domestic Violence and numerous other New York City and New York State coalitions that successfully advocated for policy improvements impacting victims of domestic violence.

As the 2010 recipient of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles Fran Kandel Public Interest Grant, she researched, wrote, and produced an instructional film on how to apply for a domestic violence restraining order in pro per. She has also interned with the Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking; Polaris Project; Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County; Break the Cycle; the Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment and Appeals Project; NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund; Crime Victim and Sexual Assault Services; and the Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County.

Through Georgetown’s clinic programs, Sandra has conducted proposed legislation based on fact-finding in Kenya regarding child trafficking for domestic work, and has represented victims of domestic violence in protection order cases. Sandra is the Development Editor of the Journal of Gender and the Law, and served as the President of Law Students for Reproductive Justice, and the Vice President of the Women’s Legal Alliance. In her first year, she also co-founded a campus committee addressing human trafficking. Cornell University awarded her a B. S. in Policy Analysis & Management, as well as Feminist, Gender, & Sexuality Studies in 2003.


http://www.law.georgetown.edu/pils/scholars.htm

Just one more commie man-hating NAG activist. (In this context, "activist" = "slut")


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:10 pm
Posts: 29
Brilliant piece. What Ann doesn't mention is that Comrade Fluke is now being represented by the PR firm where Anita Dunn works. (That's the ex-Obama advisor who defended the Mao Tse Tung Christmas ornament on the national tree by saying that her two favorite philosophers are Mother Teresa and Chairman Mao).


Also, I'm so glad Ann mentioned the haircut, because I recognized it right away as the standard-issue, 1920's flapper bowl-cut worn by every radical feminist corporate diversity czar I've ever met. Joe Wilson (yellowcake, not "You lie!") apparently shares Fluke's hair stylist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 2199
Loved it. Seems that the liberal idea of courage is just as fake as anything else they believe in. Nailed it, Ann.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:03 pm
Posts: 1033
Location: Eastern Missouri
Kudzuisedible wrote:
Did someone ask for background on the slut parasite Sandra Fluke?

Quote:
Sandra Fluke’s professional background in domestic violence and human trafficking began with Sanctuary for Families in New York City. There, she launched the agency’s pilot Program Evaluation Initiative. While at Sanctuary, she co-founded the New York Statewide Coalition for Fair Access to Family Court, which after a twenty-year stalemate, successfully advocated for legislation granting access to civil orders of protection for unmarried victims of domestic violence, including LGBTQ victims and teens. Sandra was also a member of the Manhattan Borough President’s Taskforce on Domestic Violence and numerous other New York City and New York State coalitions that successfully advocated for policy improvements impacting victims of domestic violence.

As the 2010 recipient of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles Fran Kandel Public Interest Grant, she researched, wrote, and produced an instructional film on how to apply for a domestic violence restraining order in pro per. She has also interned with the Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking; Polaris Project; Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County; Break the Cycle; the Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment and Appeals Project; NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund; Crime Victim and Sexual Assault Services; and the Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County.

Through Georgetown’s clinic programs, Sandra has conducted proposed legislation based on fact-finding in Kenya regarding child trafficking for domestic work, and has represented victims of domestic violence in protection order cases. Sandra is the Development Editor of the Journal of Gender and the Law, and served as the President of Law Students for Reproductive Justice, and the Vice President of the Women’s Legal Alliance. In her first year, she also co-founded a campus committee addressing human trafficking. Cornell University awarded her a B. S. in Policy Analysis & Management, as well as Feminist, Gender, & Sexuality Studies in 2003.


http://www.law.georgetown.edu/pils/scholars.htm

Just one more commie man-hating NAG activist. (In this context, "activist" = "slut")


Maybe old Rush is right again? Though she does not look like man material, she was pretending somehow to be doing research along the lines of continuous sex with the not-so-diverse or RE-verse man child.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:19 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Medford, Massachusetts
arthlan wrote:
Finally, or so I thought, a column that was interesting and that wasn't either praising Romney or bashing the other candidates. I thought, "great, I can begin reading Ann's columns again." Why, why, did you have to throw that last sentence in your column? The rest of it was great, but a bad ending can really spoil the taste of an otherwise good thing.

Funny how the people who have endlessly pillaged Ann for her one-track train of columns supporting Romney, find a way to bring the subject back when she moves on to a side-rail. Her line referencing Santorum could just as easily be read as her agreement with him regarding JFK's 'church-state separation' speech. For all I know she was just as nauseated by Kennedy's speech. Regardless, I for one, was happy for the change in subject, since it's been months since I've read anything new or rational from those riding the AnybodyButRomneyBot's train.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:46 pm
Posts: 24736
Location: Like I was saying, you don't look no meaner-than-hell, cold-blooded, damn killer.
What! No pics! :whoa:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:25 pm
Posts: 3788
Location: The West and the Muslim world will never share the same values
From Discover the Networks:

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/indi ... +Magazine+»+Discover+the+Networks%29

Born in 1981, Sandra Fluke graduated from Cornell University in 2003 with bachelor's degrees in (a) Policy Analysis & Management, and (b) Feminist, Gender, & Sexuality Studies. She subsequently worked with the New York City-based Sanctuary for Families, which provides services for victims of domestic violence and sex trafficking. Fluke also interned with the NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund and a number of other organizations dealing with those two issues.

Prior to commencing her legal studies at Georgetown Law School in 2009, Fluke researched the Jesuit university's health plans for students and found, to her dismay, that they did not cover birth control, abortifacients, or medical abortion procedures. Resolving that “I was absolutely not willing to compromise the quality of my education in exchange for my health care,” Fluke enrolled at Georgetown and then spent the next three years lobbying the school's administration to change its policy on the issue. Also during her stay at Georgetown, Fluke worked as development editor of the Journal of Gender and the Law; served as president of Law Students for Reproductive Justice; was vice president of the Women’s Legal Alliance; and became affiliated with Amnesty International, the National Lawyers Guild, and the Georgetown Democrats.

Some congressional Democrats invited Fluke to speak at a February 16, 2012 hearing on the constitutionality of the “Obamacare” mandate requiring religiously affiliated hospitals, schools, charities, and other health and social-service agencies to provide “free” abortifacient pills, sterilizations, and contraception on demand in their insurance plans—even if doing so violated their own moral codes and the teachings of their churches. But Rep. Darrell Issa (R-California), who chaired the hearing, did not permit Fluke to speak, on grounds that Democrats had submitted her name too late to be considered. Fluke stayed for the first few moments of the hearing, during which a representative of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops spoke, and then walked out in protest along with the Democratic women who sat on the committee.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) continued to push for Fluke to testify before a congressional panel. Maloney had ties to a progressive pollster, Celinda Lake, whose firm—Lake Research—had recently done work for both Maloney and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi. Lake also had conducted extensive polling which led her to conclude that if Republican opposition to insurance coverage for birth control could be framed as a “women's rights” issue, Democrats could add significantly to their political support from female voters.

As a result of Maloney's and Pelosi's persistence, Fluke testified before an unofficial congressional hearing led by Pelosi on February 23, 2012. Identifying herself as “an American woman who uses contraceptives,” Fluke lamented that many women employed by religiously affiliated entities had “suffered financial, emotional, and medical burdens because of this lack of contraceptive coverage”; that “without insurance coverage, contraception can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school”[1]; that “forty percent of female students at Georgetown Law report struggling financially as a result of this policy”; and that “this policy communicates to female students that our school doesn’t understand our needs.”

Six days later, radio host Rush
 Limbaugh disparaged Fluke on his program as a “slut” and a “prostitute” who “is having so much sex she can't afford contraception,” and who “wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex.” After Limbaugh's comments, President Barack Obama called Fluke to express his support for her. According to Fluke, the President “thanked me for helping to amplify the voices of women across the country ... Beyond that, he also just wanted to express concern and make sure that I was okay, which I thought was very kind and I assured him I was.”

On March 3, 
Limbaugh posted a statement online in which he publicly apologized to Fluke for his “insulting word choices.” Appearing on ABC's The View two days later, Fluke said that Limbaugh's apology was insufficient. Limbaugh then apologized again, saying he had “acted too much like the leftists who despise me.”

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly reasoned that the “Sandra Fluke contraception controversy was manufactured to divert attention away from the Obama administration’s disastrous decision to force [Catholic] organizations to provide insurance coverage for birth control and the ‘morning after’ pill.”

Soon after the controversy had arisen, SKDKnickerbocker, a public-relations agency whose managing director is former White House communications director Anita Dunn, began representing Fluke.

In early March 2012, professors, staffers and students at Georgetown and other law schools signed a statement that “strongly condemn[ed] the recent personal attacks on our student.” One signatory was Georgetown law professor Rosa Brooks, who had served from 2009-2011 as the Obama administration’s adviser to the undersecretary of defense for policy. Journalist Aaron Klein pointed out that yet another close Obama associate, John Podesta, was a visiting professor at Georgetown Law School during the Fluke controversy.

In addition to her views on insurance coverage for contraception and abortifacients, Fluke also believes that health insurance policies should be required—on pain of legal action—to pay for sex-change operations. A Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law article which Fluke co-edited with Karen Hu lamented that because of widespread “ignorance and bias against transgender persons,” individuals “wishing to undergo the gender reassignment process frequently face heterosexist employer health insurance policies that label the surgery as cosmetic or medically unnecessary and therefore uncovered.”


NOTE:

[1] This claim was untrue. As The Weekly Standard pointed out: "[C]ontraception is as widely available as it is cheap. Most insurance policies cover it. The federal government gives birth control to the poor through Medicaid. The federal government spends an additional $300 million per year to provide it to low-income and uninsured Americans who don’t qualify for Medicaid​ ... If a middle- or upper-income woman happens to be in one of the small number of plans that don’t cover contraception​—​say, an employee at a college run by Catholic nuns​—​she can buy birth control pills for as little as $9 per month at Target."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 12
Location: San Diego, California
I never tire reading the brilliant, witty and humorous writings of our American Ann.

Can you say: a womanly version of a cross between Will Rogers and Mark Twain (only with fangs and legs)?

If your schedule permits, next time you're in SoCal would love to buy you dinner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 pm 
Offline
Forum Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:48 pm
Posts: 15886
Location: (M) Processing.
griv wrote:
What! No pics! :whoa:


:cuff:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:38 pm
Posts: 14516
Location: The New United Socialist States of America.
D2Boston wrote:
Quote:
as if her haircut isn't birth control enough



:ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha:


This was all anyone needed to hear-

Ann wrote:
What with liberal women constantly talking about their vaginas suddenly pretending to be offended by
the word "slut," and conservatives pretending to be as pussified as liberals about the nasty names they've been called,
I never got an answer to the most pressing question about Sandra Fluke:
Who are you again?


:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:


I also loved it the day Rush correctly asked the question:
"Doesn't asking us to pay her, so she can have sex... make her a slut?" A whore?"

Pretty sure it was Bo Snerdly that asked Rush: "Does that mean you are questioning her virtue?"

Rush answered with a chuckle... : "No! Her virtue is not in question at all here!" :ha: :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:03 pm
Posts: 1033
Location: Eastern Missouri
I second that. If anyone owed the country an apology, it was Fluke, Pelosi, and Reid for trying to dupe the public ...again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:27 pm
Posts: 4782
Location: Circling the monetary black hole
I realized this morning that liberals stood in line to stand up for freedom of religion when it came to the 9/11 mosque. But now standing up for freedom of religion is a "war on women".

Completely incongruant.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group