It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:52 pm 
Offline
Forum Administrator

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:59 pm
Posts: 32646
Location: Wisconsin
Image

Pre-Order from Amazon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 pm
Posts: 3
Demiurge wrote:


The devil never reveals himself as the evil monster he really is. Rather than confront Jesus as such, he influenced Peter to tell Jesus to forego the cross. But isn't that just like the devil, try to thwart the very purpose for which Jesus was born. He never appears, so to speak, with fangs, horns and a pitchfork. He is subtle, deceptive, even charming. Liberals bear the dubious distinction of having the devil in what they are: Liberal. Another name for the devil is “Belial” (2 Cor. 6:15) That name is scrambled in the word liberal. How interesting that the title of your new book is “Demonic.” How desperately liberals, even all of us, need Jesus.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 766
Slamdunker, well said.

I watched the announcement of this book on Hannity today. I can't wait to read her new book. WHEN?!?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:55 pm
Posts: 752
Location: California
Slamdunker wrote:
Quote:
Another name for the devil is “Belial” (2 Cor. 6:15) That name is scrambled in the word liberal.


Aw! That's such a great word scramble, but the tragic flaw is, the "R" is missing.
Ann is continuing with her red and black color scheme for her books after Slander, never more apparent than here. A perfect color scheme for liberals. Flames, blood, and darkness.


Last edited by Huac_SR71 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:29 pm
Posts: 1252
I LOVE this title!! :clap: But I don't like that there's not a picture of Ann on the cover... :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 766
khfan890 wrote:
I LOVE this title!! :clap: But I don't like that there's not a picture of Ann on the cover... :cry:


Compensate that with the audio version!

I haven't read any Real conservative POV that make sense since her last book and I'm a pretty good consumer of political and social commentaries.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:44 am
Posts: 3895
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Huac_SR71 wrote:
Aw! That's such a great word scramble, but the tragic flaw is, the "R" is missing.


Demi said is was a "scramble", not an anagram, so there's no "flaw" there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:30 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:06 pm
Posts: 8150
Location: 404 Not Found
khfan890 wrote:
I LOVE this title!! :clap: But I don't like that there's not a picture of Ann on the cover... :cry:


A deliberate and smart move. The left's (and other's) hatred of her would just make a cover with her next to the words "demonic", fodder for ridicule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:29 pm
Posts: 1252
Kevin wrote:
khfan890 wrote:
I LOVE this title!! :clap: But I don't like that there's not a picture of Ann on the cover... :cry:


A deliberate and smart move. The left's (and other's) hatred of her would just make a cover with her next to the words "demonic", fodder for ridicule.


Good point!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:13 pm
Posts: 4051
Location: living in what remains of western civilization
Slamdunker wrote:
Demiurge wrote:


The devil never reveals himself as the evil monster he really is. Rather than confront Jesus as such, he influenced Peter to tell Jesus to forego the cross. But isn't that just like the devil, try to thwart the very purpose for which Jesus was born. He never appears, so to speak, with fangs, horns and a pitchfork. He is subtle, deceptive, even charming. Liberals bear the dubious distinction of having the devil in what they are: Liberal. Another name for the devil is “Belial” (2 Cor. 6:15) That name is scrambled in the word liberal. How interesting that the title of your new book is “Demonic.” How desperately liberals, even all of us, need Jesus.


Quote:
Please allow me to introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
I stuck around st. petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a generals rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me
Let me please introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached bombay
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me lucifer
Cause Im in need of some restraint
So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, um yeah
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, um yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, um mean it, get down


Coming from a fairly self-indulgent sinner, and of course, just a mortal; I think Mick summed it up pretty good.

Every time I hear a demorat lieberal speak; in the back of my mind, these words always stay with me: AND THESE-

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly. But the traitor moves among those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not traitor, he speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their garments, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared.”

— Marcus Tullius Cicero

LIBERALS..........KNOW YOUR ENEMY!

ANN'S SIMPLY BRINGING THE POINT HOME.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Posts: 1688
Ann puts her faith on the line with this book. She can expect a barrage of criticism and personal attacks. Her book 'Godless' made me a permanent fan and supporter of Ann! She has the guts and personal fortitude to call a spade a spade and take on the Liberal establishment.

Ann is the new Joan of Arc. I can't wait to read her book Demonic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:20 pm
Posts: 10575
Location: West Springs, SC
The title of Ann's new book continues to pin the Leftist-Liberals to the truth about them.
They are Godless.
Their secular-humanist-relativist-utilitarian goals meet the program of Satan.
They, of course will scoff at this, saying Satan, like God, and Jesus, is a myth.
Meanwhile, Satan is pleased, watching what once was a bastion of Christianity destroyed.
Liberals are in two groups.
Those who can be brought to truth and saved.
Those who must be defended against.
I look forward to buying Ann's latest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:16 pm 
Offline
Forum Administrator

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:59 pm
Posts: 32646
Location: Wisconsin
Quote:
#1 in Books > Nonfiction > Current Events
#88 in Books


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:50 pm
Posts: 11374
The titles Godless and Demonic are too similar. I wonder, since Ann has done such a thorough job up to now, if she isn't going to end up covering the same territory.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 5:57 pm
Posts: 7527
Location: Get Ready! Here Comes The WAILING!!
Can't wait. Her best books are the ones she writes with an overall theme that are fresh and new, though I admit I buy the ones that are just mostly reprints of her regular columns too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 766
Got it but will have to wait: This title will be released on June 7, 2011.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:23 pm 
Offline
Forum Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:50 am
Posts: 53926
Location: (M) California - God Bless America!
Remember that in her last visit here, Ann told us that she had found a "Rosetta Stone" wherewith to interpret Liberalism. A demonic influence is certainly a possible common denominator that would make many liberal practices -- the sacrifices to Moloch in the name of Planned Parents, for example -- very understandable.

Following the Clinton-bosheth re-election, I wondered if many of my countrymen had fallen under "A Powerful Delusion to Believe a Lie." Perhaps Ann has discovered that I was correct, and will lay the facts bare for us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:55 pm
Posts: 752
Location: California
Kevin wrote:
Quote:
A deliberate and smart move. The left's (and other's) hatred of her would just make a cover with her next to the words "demonic", fodder for ridicule.



Even for Ann's appearance on the friendly Hannity show, the subtitle read "Demonic author".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:37 pm
Posts: 8567
Location: Minnesoooota
Highlander wrote:
Ann puts her faith on the line with this book. She can expect a barrage of criticism and personal attacks.
Ann is the new Joan of Arc. I can't wait to read her book Demonic.



Why? The title is so conciliatory...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This time she's really gone too far!" (as she mockingly said in a previous book)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 pm
Posts: 3
infoseek wrote:
Slamdunker, well said.

I watched the announcement of this book on Hannity today. I can't wait to read her new book. WHEN?!?!


Can't be soon enough. HOpe it opens eyes to "the way, the truth and the life."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 pm
Posts: 3
armyman03 wrote:
Slamdunker wrote:
Demiurge wrote:


The devil never reveals himself as the evil monster he really is. Rather than confront Jesus as such, he influenced Peter to tell Jesus to forego the cross. But isn't that just like the devil, try to thwart the very purpose for which Jesus was born. He never appears, so to speak, with fangs, horns and a pitchfork. He is subtle, deceptive, even charming. Liberals bear the dubious distinction of having the devil in what they are: Liberal. Another name for the devil is “Belial” (2 Cor. 6:15) That name is scrambled in the word liberal. How interesting that the title of your new book is “Demonic.” How desperately liberals, even all of us, need Jesus.


Quote:
Please allow me to introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
I stuck around st. petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a generals rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me
Let me please introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached bombay
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me lucifer
Cause Im in need of some restraint
So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, um yeah
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, um yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, um mean it, get down


Coming from a fairly self-indulgent sinner, and of course, just a mortal; I think Mick summed it up pretty good.

My Dearest Liberal One,
We’ve been going steady for years and I think it’s about time that I shared with you the deepest feelings of my heart. First, I know that you care for me, at least you act as though you do. Time and time again you have led me to believe this. You have no idea how much I enjoy the times we spend together. If you only knew how much deeper I want our relationship to grow. Everything we do together thrills my soul and there are so many other things that I want you to know about me. You have only seen the surface, my dearest one. I know there are times when you can’t get enough of me. Yes, we have had our disagreements, but please be patient. Our relationship can only grow with time and commitment to each other. I can tell you, that if you remain faithful to me, some real hot times are in store.
But we really need to talk. I know that someone has come between us and it has deeply grieved me and affected our relationship. You think I don’t know what’s going on. I saw you talking with him last night. You must have spent two hours together. I over heard what you said. Why do you talk like that and then tell me you’re not interested in him? It hurts and angers me when I see him compete for your affections. But let me just say this, my dearest one. I was so pleased and encouraged this morning when you told me that you would reconsider your feelings towards him. I hope this means that we can pick up where we left off. My heart would be filled with joy unspeakable knowing that you are my one and only love, committed to me alone. So, dearest one, lets get together again real soon and start a new beginning. But you must promise me that you will never, ever talk to that….that ….Jesus character again.

Sinfully yours,
Satan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:14 am
Posts: 7783
Location: oot and aboot
Ray Gun wrote:
The titles Godless and Demonic are too similar. I wonder, since Ann has done such a thorough job up to now, if she isn't going to end up covering the same territory.

All long as she doesn't have a whole chapter about Al Franken in there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:37 pm
Posts: 8567
Location: Minnesoooota
Walkntall wrote:
Ray Gun wrote:
The titles Godless and Demonic are too similar. I wonder, since Ann has done such a thorough job up to now, if she isn't going to end up covering the same territory.

All long as she doesn't have a whole chapter about Al Franken in there.


That's in her next book, Moronic. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:53 pm
Posts: 640
Location: Sitting out the fail with Michele (<<note spelling)
I thought the title of her new book was "The New Ann Coulter"
Was there a last second title change or something, granted it was a while before the cover image was even released.

Kevin wrote:
khfan890 wrote:
I LOVE this title!! :clap: But I don't like that there's not a picture of Ann on the cover... :cry:

A deliberate and smart move. The left's (and other's) hatred of her would just make a cover with her next to the words "demonic", fodder for ridicule.

Yep :doubt:, then again the leftists could just blank out the words under Demonic except for her name.
My dorm needs more decoration, I prop Palin's book up on a bookstand when I'm not using the bookstand for reading textbooks, so no picture kind of unfortunate.

infoseek wrote:
Compensate that with the audio version!

Only disappointing thing is her audio books are all abridged, maybe she's on a tighter schedule than Palin though (Sarah's audio books were un-abridged).
Also Ann could make more $ if she sold laminated posters of herself, the reason I say laminated is so that I won't have to rebuy the same poster because my liberal roomate draws a mustache on it or decides to spoogee on it (< yep liberals "like" Ann Coulter just not in a way she would like, I hate perverts maybe that's a reason I hate liberals :puke: )
As far as the left demonizing Ann & the rest of the right, that's a given like the muslims calling America "the Great Satan", I really think we shouldn't disappoint the muslims & need to live up to their expectations by making sure Palin or Bachmann or both get elected (as muslims think women are evil), then declare war on the muslims & draw pentagrams with their blood or something (to play to their fears not because I'm a satanist or something). Also liberals are always saying either Bachmann, Coulter, Malkin, Palin, [insert name of other right woman here] is the "root of all evil", which is why they should make a public service annoncement asking something to the effect of, "So which one one of us is the root of all evil again?" to cause liberals to have aneurysms & die when they can't decide who they hate more :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:22 am
Posts: 2
Ann, quick question - book tour? Are you coming to southern Calif? Can't wait until June 7. I KNOW I'll enjoy this one like all of the others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 2199
Saw you on Hannity, Ann, talking about your new book. I know 'Demonic' is going to be awesome and I can't wait to receive it. I know you're going to drive liberal reviewers up the wall more than ever, but remember:
"Book Reviewers are little old ladies of both sexes" - John O'Hara.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:53 am
Posts: 12371
Location: Concealed.
Og wrote:
Remember that in her last visit here, Ann told us that she had found a "Rosetta Stone" wherewith to interpret Liberalism. A demonic influence is certainly a possible common denominator that would make many liberal practices -- the sacrifices to Moloch in the name of Planned Parents, for example -- very understandable.

Following the Clinton-bosheth re-election, I wondered if many of my countrymen had fallen under "A Powerful Delusion to Believe a Lie." Perhaps Ann has discovered that I was correct, and will lay the facts bare for us.


The "Rosetta Stone" comment also piqued my interest. Ann wields the scalpel of classification and identification so adroitly laying bare the very soul, techniques and driving forces of the statist social progressives.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 2199
Okay, one more:

"In the heart of the deep dark jungle comes the cry of the scissor bird..."
Oh. I see that you've met him Mr Weiner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 2199
YAY!!! My book just shipped from Amazon!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:20 am
Posts: 22371
Location: Occupying only 4 of the 11 dimensions
I'm watching Ann on Hannity.

I generally agree with her (of course), but I have to mention one thing about her contrasting our revolution with that of the French; and that is her position that there was nothing of The Mob in ours.

There was. "Tories", loyalists, were lynched. This happened everywhere; most prominently, in Philadelphia after the Redcoats abandoned the city. Loyalists left the country in droves after the War For Independence ended.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:54 am
Posts: 293
Location: Oregon
3:30 am and I was able to download the ebook, I can read it on the way to work instead of having to wait to pick it up on the way home, sweet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:50 pm
Posts: 11374
Ray Gun wrote:
The titles Godless and Demonic are too similar. I wonder, since Ann has done such a thorough job up to now, if she isn't going to end up covering the same territory.
Saw her on Hannity. Seems to be a new angle. I am interested.

I have been long aware that libs may refer to science, but their arguments are emotional. I like the way Ann seems to have tied that into a larger them of mob psychology in the emotional arguments are how you gin up a mob.


Last edited by Ray Gun on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:50 pm
Posts: 11374
Here is a link to the Hannity TV interview

http://www.popmodal.com/video/7817/Ann-Coulter-on-Hannity-TV-debut-of-Anns-new-book-Demonic-How-the-Liberal-Mob-is-Endangering-America


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:16 am
Posts: 59
Location: Englewood, Florida
Headline from the Daily Caller = Coultergeist http://dailycaller.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 am 
Offline
Forum Administrator

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:59 pm
Posts: 32646
Location: Wisconsin
Quote:
Ann Coulter on the 'Liberal Mob' of the American Left

June 7, 2011

New York Times bestselling author and conservative political commentator Ann Coulter's new book, "Demonic: How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America", tackles politics once again, this time taking on the liberal left and what she describes as their "mob behavior."

In "Demonic," Coulter traces the words and movements of groups from the Ku Klux Klan and the SDS to anti-war protesters and Democrats today to argue her point that liberals have "consistently used mob tactics to implement their idea of the 'general will.'"

"Just as fire seeks oxygen, Democrats seek power, which is why they will always be found championing the mob whether the mob consists of Democrats lynching blacks or Democrats slandering the critics of Obama Care as racists," Coulter writes.

"Demonic" is the eighth book from Coulter, also a frequent television political commentator.

Read an excerpt from "Demonic" below, then check out some other books in the "GMA" library

<snip>


http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Politics ... d=13773013

Video and more after the jump.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group