It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:09 am 

Demiurge wrote:

You let Barbra Streisand off the hook. Babs claims that Al Gore called her from Air Force One. The Vice President is not allowed on board Air Force One.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:41 am 

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in ... nny-review

Ann, the "NYT" may not review your book, but perhaps this for your website?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:13 am 
Forum Moderator

FanCoulter wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-atlanta/ann-coulter-s-demonic-wickedly-funny-review

Ann, the "NYT" may not review your book, but perhaps this for your website?

I passed that along to her. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 am 

paulh wrote:
I have to agree with Vinman on this one. When I buy an Ann Coulter book I want to read what Ann thinks, not Le Bon and the countless other quotes. If I cared about what Le Bon said I'd buy his books if there are any. Seems she took a page out of the Johnah Goldberg school of writing only not nearly as bad.

PaulH, I've read Ann's book Demonic and Johah Goldberg's book LIberal Fascism this summer
and I did not think Goldberg's writing was bad at all. I think he writes cogently and has a
very logical mind and a gift for stating his thoughts on the printed page, just as Ann does.
Ann's style is different as is her sense of humor which shines through in her writing.

I am a big fan of both writers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:12 pm 

Demonic is a masterpiece. It should be required reading. Unfortunately, the lady who read the audiobook is not good. She doesn't even pause between paragraphs. It sounds like she's not paying a bit of attention to what she's reading.

Ann should record her own books.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:45 am 
Forum Moderator

dreasy wrote:
Demonic is a masterpiece. It should be required reading. Unfortunately, the lady who read the audiobook is not good. She doesn't even pause between paragraphs. It sounds like she's not paying a bit of attention to what she's reading.

Ann should record her own books.

Ann narrated the abridged version of Demonic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:35 am 

Railroad Man wrote:
Silly question maybe, but is there any idea when Ann's new book will be coming out? I often think I make the mistake of asking Barnes and Noble, because they seem very adept at burying various forms of conservative rhetoric. Any other suggestions on looking for her new book apart from B and N?

Never mind any response. I found Demonic while shopping around in the Twin Cities. It pays to look around, and just keep looking. Great read so far! Ann really does great work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 pm 

Just finished reading Demonic. Never read history about the French Revolution until this book. I would like to read more on the French Revolution, can anyone tell me the name of a good book. Would perferr to get in an Ereader version.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:44 am 

Loved Demonic. Very original thinking, as always. Caught an error for the next printing: Page 187: In 1980, Carter and Mondale "won only their respective states of Georgia and Minnesota, plus HI and WV." They also won RI, MD, and DC.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:30 pm 

Mslavonic, Read Alexus de Tocqueville's classic
"Ancien Regime and the French Revolution" (Penguin Classics)
Amazon: Buy new: $15.00 $9.44
62 Used & new from $4.72

5.0 out of 5 stars (3)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:06 am 

Miss Coulter, Allow me if you will to introduce myself. Publius is my alias. I am aware there are many who also use this name to avail their opinions and demagoguery. I, however, will only use it within the context for which it was originally created.

I will now, if you please approach the subject in which I may in honor of your latest publication; Demonic and with your permission respond. I have had the pleasure of viewing many of your conversations on numerous media outlets regarding your opinions of the liberal mind referred to within the pages you have authored. One in particular captured my attention to its fullest awareness. You struck a chord very dear to the hearts of the men who for many weeks toiled in debate and controversies to construct your Constitution. When you spoke of it my heart leapt, for so few in this modern age has fully grasped what you yourself articulated quite clearly. But I am afraid the subject is passed over with little regard or serious consideration. That is of morality! You accurately described the moral condition of France and what consequences were the results. May I, to farther the thought of your accretions regarding the mob, ask a question. Is a mob moral? Is a mob virtuous? If it be not, will not the vacuum created by the absents of the latter or the former be filled with its natural opposites? Reason and honest intellect must not deny the nature of things. One cannot be virtuous and be without virtue at the same instance nor be moral and immoral simultaneously. You stated, even a man of high intelligence could be overwhelmed when he is in a mob to a point where his good and common sense are abandoned and he can no longer be reasoned with. Would that not give evidence that intellect and morality are independent of each other? Would not it be evident that the laws of God written on the hearts of man can be ignored and disregarded by the immoral? You have solved the mystery of your Republic! As every framer has declared, a Republic cannot exist when morality is absent in the people! Is it not self-evident then, to address and solve any modern issue regarding Liberty one must be moral and virtuous?

If you have not yet had the opportunity to read the journals of the Constitutional Convention or the debates of the several states in ratifying your Constitution, I would with respect and great humility suggest these articles for your farther education and enlightenment. I cannot say for certain your previous education has included these testaments within your curriculum. But I can say, without them you will not have the true sentiments of your ancestors. Liberty cannot exist within immorality and the left as you call them have disguised immorality and call it liberty! The revisionism and the misconstruction of your sacred founding documents have been taught to your posterity! They twist the truth with confusion and deceit to influence a mob of immoral and ill-virtuous people. I beg of you, you have great influence among the good people of America, they must know these founding principles. No solution in which Liberty can be found can be devised by the immoral.

Publius

www.The-federalist.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:55 am 

Dear Ann,

I've never read one of your books before. I just finished reading Demonic and I'm still feeling the afterglow.

I bought the book after seeing you on Fox promoting it and the premise was intriguing.

Thank you for giving me the incentive to learn more about the French Revolution. Your book and the Stewarts' book, The Miracle of Freedom, 7 Tipping Points that Saved the World, which I finished just before reading your book, which also has a chapter on the atrocities of that event were real eye openers.

I had expected your book to be fluffier and funnier. It was funny enough, thank you for that, but there's no fluff here, just cold hard facts and I enjoyed every delicious word of it.

We visited old friends in Plano, Tx earlier this month and unbeknownst to us, after knowing them for 30 years, we discovered they are liberals and they HATE the Tea Party and they HATE Bill O'Reilly, and they HATE Rick Perry, thier governor. They also watch ONLY CNN. We met them when we lived in Fairfield, CT and were raising kids and playing bridge and didn't think anything about politics. Those were "the good ole days."

Everything you said about the mob is so so true. I asked my friend what she was reading these days and she rattled off some authors I've never heard of and then said, I only read fiction, I don't want to learn anything, I just want to be entertained.

EGADS!!!!!!! I thought she was a smart person until she said that. But I thought, how like a liberal. Don't confuse me with the facts, just tell me who to hate.

God bless you and thanks for giving me a place to chat with other sane conservative people. I live in Reston, VA, a hot bed of liberalism and I long for conservative friends with brains.

Daffodil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:01 pm 

Ann, One argument that I use, when debating your views with other people, is that no one has been able to show anything that you say as being incorrect. I just finished reading your latest book, “Demonic How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America.”

On page 185 you state “…Coretta Scott King when her husband was in Reidsville jail in Georgia…” which I believe to be incorrect. I believe that at the time, Martin Luther King was in the DeKalb County, Georgia jail. Reidsville is a Georgia state penitentiary.

***correction*** Sep 9, 2011

Thanks, Kevin for correcting me. I guess the old saying that the memory is the 2nd thing to go, is correct.

Last edited by Paul on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:57 pm 
Forum Moderator

Nice try..but...
Quote:
October 25, 1960 King sent to Reidsville (GA) State Prison for parole violation stemming from his May 4, 1960 arrest for driving without a license

http://ourgeorgiahistory.com/date/October_25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:16 am 

:clap: Great book Ann. I love watching you on TV and hearing your intellect. Now I am convinced you have a brilliant mind to go along with your wonderful looks. I learned a lot from your research and I like how you tied it all in. It wasn't what I expected, but much more and I was captivated. I just joined your site and will have to spend some time figuring out something I'm not accustomed to. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 am 

Ray Gun wrote:
SOMMESE wrote:
I am buying a BOX of your new book as FOURTH OF JULY gifts to my liberal friends.
You have liberal friends who can read? In another book she wrote, Ms Coulter suggests that liberal books don't sell because none of them are literate.

I have liberal friends who read too. Not, however a boxful. Send your liberal friends two copies of Ann's book each. Then, if they enjoy it, they can read it twice.!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:02 pm 

My husband is your biggest fan! He has all of your books. I always been a Conservative but lately I've been asking him a lot of questions about liberals. I truly want to understand. He told me "read Ann Coulter's books", he said "the answers are there". Thanks for answering most of my questions about Liberals in the first Chapter, no really the first several pages! I couldn't figure out why the mainstream media are so liberal, I mean what's in it for them? Now I know. I also couldn't figure out why liberals are so delusional. Now I know. I am little ashamed to admit that I was so completely uneducated about the Civil Rights era. I just assumed because liberals blamed the Republicans, it was their fault. I had no idea Liberals hijacked the Civil Rights movement! They don't teach that in History class. It's like teachers just skip right over it! I'm so appalled by this that I've made a committment to teach my children what they don't learn in school. Your books will be a required read for them! Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:04 am 

smarlowe wrote:
I had no idea Liberals hijacked the Civil Rights movement!
Never heard from Ann in here. Doubt she reads it much.

FWIW, I wouldn't say the hijacked the movement as much as they have tried to rewrite history. Saw some black ass on CNN calling Herman Cain racist and bigot, said liberal don't have a history of segratation and racism. Yeah, they do. Most who post here new Wilson segregated the government and Margaret Sanger came up with the "Negro Project" - and today's liberals still celebrate these people, and rouse the mobs with liberal myths.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:19 pm 

I read Demonic , How to talk to a liberal... and If liberals had brains ..
Great books Ann, You're the best.
I also read books of Bridgette Gabrielle and Robert Spencer.
You have great authors in U.S. and freedom of speech.
Take good care of it. We used to have it in Sweden but now it's lost.
The great authors they are still here but they just write
political correct Marxist propaganda.
You cannot raise the smallest claim for freedom without getting harassed
or threated. Lars Vilks wrote a cartoon of Mohamed and there were
Muslims attacks on him but nobody in the culture elite voiced
any condemnation against Islam or support for Vilks.
His site http://www.ladonia.net/ is in English and shows some of his work

It might bee a time for our first tea party.
Greatings from Sweden.
/Arvid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:14 am 
Forum Moderator

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:20 am 

arvid.falk wrote:
You have great authors in U.S. and freedom of speech.
Take good care of it. We used to have it in Sweden but now it's lost. The great authors they are still here but they just write political correct Marxist propaganda.You cannot raise the smallest claim for freedom without getting harassed or threated. Lars Vilks wrote a cartoon of Mohamed and there were Muslims attacks on him but nobody in the culture elite voiced any condemnation against Islam or support for Vilks.
His site http://www.ladonia.net/ is in English and shows some of his work

It might bee a time for our first tea party. Greatings from Sweden.
/Arvid
Arvid,
Not many are harrassed or threatened more than Ann Coulter. Freedom is always under threat.

As Ronald Reagan said,
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:28 am 

BTW, I am still working through this book. There were a couple of stale chapters (for me) but others were so thought-provoking and I had to spend weeks digesting them before continuing.

Right now, I am stuck on the idea of how easy it was for the Democrats - after 100 years of being the Confederates, the KKK, the white Supremacists, those who tried to block or veto every piece of civil rights legislation for a century - simply to switch sides and do nothing more than start calling Republicans 'racist' thereby capturing 90% or more or the black vote for the next two generations. It's like the Jedi mind trick. "These are not the racists you're voting for."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:58 pm 

I've noticed that I cannot find Demonic in Walmart, Target or BJ 's

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:56 pm 

Location: Sitting out the fail with Michele (<<note spelling)
Kore wrote:
I've noticed that I cannot find Demonic in Walmart, Target or BJ 's

Odd I've seen it at my Walmart but I'm not in a blue district maybe that's why :shrug:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:16 am 

Demonic is my first Ann Coulter book. I know now it will not be my last. Your writing style is wonderful, it is exactly like you talk on TV. You are direct, on point, and above all honest in your opinions. I am 80 yrs old and sick and tired of all this BS about not offending anyone. That's the problem with our country today. If you speak out as you do, you are labeled a radical, a bigot, a racist or worse yet, heaven forbid, a REPUBLICAN. Keep up the good work, my dear. I almost forgot, the way you inject humor into your writing is terrific, don't change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:37 pm 

I'm in love with your essence...

God bless you
N.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:37 am 

I just got done reading Demonic. That book is flat out one of the best books that I have ever read! It informed, entertained and angered me. It is not too often a non-fiction book can be called a "page turner" but for me Demonic was a PAGE-TURNER! I don't know how to pull it off but we need to get as many people as possible familiar with the content of that book. I think it lends itself well to a full length DOCUMENTARY! The book should obviously be required reading for all conservatives but we some how need to figure a way to get the other people co-inhabiting our country to read the book. If we could somehow convert just a few it would help the cause. BRILLIANT writing Ann!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:23 am 

jcdemos wrote:
I don't know how to pull it off but we need to get as many people as possible familiar with the content of that book.
A lot of us have been wondering the same thing for decades, and not just the recent stuff that is in the book, and not just this book. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:15 pm 

Hello All,
I recently finished Ann's book, "Demonic" and I couldn't recommend it any higher! Very good read!
Anyway, one of the points in her book was that generally speaking the founding fathers didn't approve of some of the violence that helped push the colonies into the revolution against Britain. Does anyone here disagree with that point?
The reason I'm asking is because there are many pundits out there that are working very diligently to make the connection between the OWS and the American Revolutionary Patriots.
The elite media covers the mobs (otherwise known as OWS) with a very glossy, and positive picture. I didn't realize how successful they were until I made what I thought was a rather obvious observation to my wife. She told me that these characters were simply fighting back as best they could. Just like the American revolutionary heroes. I couldn't believe my ears! Now to be honest, my wife can't stand Ann Coulter, (Jealousy?) But I always thought my wife was a pretty thoughtful person. Which means that the elite media has been more successful than I thought. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:44 pm 

fcolins357 wrote:
But I always thought my wife was a pretty thoughtful person. Which means that the elite media has been more successful than I thought. Any thoughts?
You are probably only scratching the surface. If someone is 50, and has been hearing the same lies for 45 years, how do they even know they are being lied to?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:48 pm 

First, an observation about the OWS:

The GOP could have used the OWS protests to its advantage, but didn't/hasn't/doesn't know how. Sure, most of the OWS protesters are gullible idiots, but most are idealistic and have little or no education about the causes of their grief and anger.

Had the GOP had its act together, it might have re-directed some of the protesting towards Obama's policies, rather than occasional mentions of it on Fox News and AM radio. The Democratic Party and Obama are diabolical enough to have co-opted it to reflect anger against the House Republicans and Bush. The GOP could have been there to explain how progressive policies led to the economic debacle. My gawd, simply handing out Milton Friedman's "Free To Choose" DVDs might have been a start. A large (permitted) outdoor screening nearby with giant audio speakers (to avoid saboteurs chanting) might have been attempted. Handing out extra copies Ann's books (in paperback of course) might have been helpful. Heck, just handing out one-page flyers explaining the cause of the mortgage meltdowns and bailouts would have been nice.

Now, a simple answer to your question:

People need to be informed.

Like most of us, including the elite media, your wife is likely a product of the liberal revisionist history authors who wrote most of the school textbooks we studied. That's being taken care of (see Texas School Board, Tucker Carlson's documentary, new books revising the revisionist history of liberals by using original sources, online blog articles and so forth).

Cheer up. It's a long culture war that has been going on since at least the days of FDR, we're no longer unaware of their use of our schools to win it, and this is merely one of the battles.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:55 pm 

Just reading "Demonic." Mentions that the first attempt to assassinate a US president was Richard Lawrence trying to get Andrew Jackson. Lawrence thought he was King Richard II. Ann, I always understood that he thought he was Richard III. So who cares; what does it matter what king a looney thinks he is? Well, for a member of the Richard III Society (Toronto Branch), it is very important that RIII get his due. After all, he has been bashed around by history for 527 years. A deranged maniac who styles himself RIII is definitely a more discerning and higher grade wingnut than some wackadoodle who picks any old king for his alter ego. And he was tackled not by just any old bodyguard, but by Dave Crockett!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:49 am 

http://www.examiner.com/review/ann-coul ... edly-funny

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5