It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 am 

I underestemated Ann. Im sorry. the 1st day I started reading the book I couldent help but think about dostoyevski's book demons. so I wrote a post here recomending she or anyone intrested read it. guess what, she mentions that very book and makes a salient point about it. oops. I should have know, Ann I knew you were smart but still underestemated you. your even smarter than i thought. im almost done with the book and its the best one yet, treason was up there and godless, but this one will be hard to top.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:07 pm 

Dear Ms. Coulter,Esq.

Your new book is FABULOUS.

I have not quite finished it yet.
You are careful NOT to say that liberal America worships its idols because "they do not believe in God." So they have to create one.

It's the only thing you did not say outright for important reasons.

So, I will say it for you.

I am buying a BOX of your new book as FOURTH OF JULY gifts to my liberal friends.

Happy Flag Day - Fourth of July

das :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:57 pm 

SOMMESE wrote:
I am buying a BOX of your new book as FOURTH OF JULY gifts to my liberal friends.
You have liberal friends who can read? In another book she wrote, Ms Coulter suggests that liberal books don't sell because none of them are literate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:20 am 

I finished the book tonight, and I must say that it is now one of my favorites, right up there with Treason. Ann tells history in such a fascinating way that I just can't put her books down.

And she was right. Demonic has forever changed my perception of liberals. They really are the mob and are incapable of thinking for themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:21 am 

I just finished reviewing all of Ann's tv appearances and interviews. Doesn't she make you proud to be a member @ ACOC?

Like Rush & Levin, she gets to say exactly what any of us would love to say.

One interview I did not care for was CNNs with Idiot Spitzer. The guy oozes creepy. He is such a smarmy petulent imbecile that you feel stupid for tuning in. Ann was great as usual, but the repeat sex crime boy was too much to bear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 pm 

Just finished reading through Ann's recount of the French Revolution and, well, wow! This is stuff that is simply not taught in schools. If the true nature of the French Revolution was told, you probably couldn't teach it to anyone other than High School seniors.

The scariest part was how SIMILAR the French rabble was to the losers up in Madison, right now.

This is book is amazing and once I'm finished I'm going to hand it off to others in my family. Including my brother, a history teacher, who just got a job teaching at a Charter school in South Florida (he calls himself a moderate, hopefully now that he's out of the stranglehold of the public schools, he'll open his mind and consider teaching REAL history).

Can't wait to grab a few minutes to continue reading this piece of true enlightenment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:40 pm 

Just bought my copy at BJ's over the weekend. I have read the first two chapters so far and am looking forward to the rest of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:47 pm 

ToddWB wrote:
Just ordered mine.

And it was in my PO Bx by 2pm today. About 5 days in route.

Post subject: The mob mentality
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 pm 

I havent read Anns book but heard here on the circuit. she says the liberals have to have a mob to get there point across. I agree! David Mamet a super liberal in his past life,also a Puliter prize winner was on Fox , I think ,the other night. He says the same thing about liberals. he calledit herd mentality. To me its like gangs, real tuff ,but alone they are wimps.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:56 pm 

Enjoyed Ann's latest.

I'm with the bloviating Fox populist and think it Coulter’s best effort. Crazy long on the Central Park jogger fiasco, but that's a minor foible.
Rather than imploring us to understand historical facts that should be internalized by all Americans (spending the greater part of past tomes arguing the obvious righteousness of troubled 20th century heroes of liberty like Joe McCarthy and Whittaker Chambers), Annie sets forth a brilliant hypothesis that hits the nail on the head, using historical record to support her mob thesis. Nicely done.

Then she pens a column kicking constitutionalists in the package. This is why we should never forget that Ann is first and foremost a controversialist, secondly a comedian, and finally a political observer.

Worth the $15 download.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:12 pm 

Location: DEUS VULT! I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade
I like how she lays into Al Charlatain. Why FOXNews (mainly O'Reilly) ever has this pinhead on is beyond me. :arg:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:37 pm 

?

ThreeChordMonte wrote:
Enjoyed Ann's latest.

Then she pens a column kicking constitutionalists in the package.

?? Missed this one, what's this referring to? Anyone know?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:30 pm 

I was about to purchase the Kindle version of Demonic from Amazon when I realized it was the most expensive format. As I had to purchase the Kindle and prefer to use it, I never buy a book if the Kindle version costs more than other physical versions. Is this a mistake, or a conscious decision by Ann, her publisher or Amazon? :cry2:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:48 pm 
Forum Administrator

As of the time of this post, the Kindle edition from Amazon is $12.99. The dead tree version is $15.65 on Amazon. :shrug:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:00 pm 

Demiurge wrote:
As of the time of this post, the Kindle edition from Amazon is $12.99. The dead tree version is $15.65 on Amazon. :shrug:

And $20.00 at Walmart before tax and no shipping charge.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:31 pm 

What! I paid $19.64 on Amazon! :whoa:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:59 pm 
Forum Administrator

monticello wrote:
Demiurge wrote:

And $20.00 at Walmart before tax and no shipping charge.

Touche! Amazon Prime is great for that problem, though. Cheaper prices and unlimited 'FREE' 2nd Day Shipping. :popcorn:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:47 pm 

Received a reply: As of the time of this post, the Kindle edition from Amazon is $12.99. The dead tree version is $15.65 on Amazon.

I don't believe that Kindle versions of a book should cost more than $10, so I tend to avoid those that do. Think i"ll go for two other titles that interest me and wait for the price to drop.

PS. I can't find instructions that allow a poster to respond to a particular post and include the original posters comment. Are those instructions somewhere on the site?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:01 pm 

Ray Gun wrote:
The titles Godless and Demonic are too similar. I wonder, since Ann has done such a thorough job up to now, if she isn't going to end up covering the same territory.

I'm not so sure that if one is "Godless" that one is necessarily "demonic." They are not the same. Ayn Rand was "Godless" but the
woman was not demonic, not by a longshot. Jeremiah Wright, although a "man of God" is demonic.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:09 pm 

Got my $14.99 Kindle for the PC edition 3 days ago and read it all in 2 days.

The book is doing quite well.

At the NYT's Bestseller list:

#6 combined print and E-book nonfiction sales:

http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-boo ... /list.html

#2 Hardcover nonfiction:

E-Book Nonfiction it's #6

Since it's just been released it may climb higher.

At another site, a conservative and myself were discussing the way Ann shows how the French Revolution set the template for every bloody revolutionary leader after it, from Pol Pot to Hitler to Lenin.

Then the board liberal jumped in and told us the FR did more to spread liberty around the world than the AR did. No kidding.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:11 pm 

Oh SNAP! I just missed the price drop! It was $14.99 for the Kindle edition just 3-4 days ago! :(

http://www.amazon.com/Demonic-How-Liber ... 042&sr=8-1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:30 pm 

howdego wrote:
Received a reply: As of the time of this post, the Kindle edition from Amazon is $12.99. The dead tree version is $15.65 on Amazon.

I don't believe that Kindle versions of a book should cost more than $10, so I tend to avoid those that do. Think i"ll go for two other titles that interest me and wait for the price to drop.

PS. I can't find instructions that allow a poster to respond to a particular post and include the original posters comment. Are those instructions somewhere on the site?

Bottom right hand side of the post. Click "QUOTE".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:09 am 

Location: I may not be a smart man, but I know what conservative is.
Got my copy yesterday from the kids for Father's Day.

See? Not all people under the age of 25 are too stupid to vote.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:51 pm 

Just love how she puts the hypocrasy of the Leftist Liars together. I'm on chapter 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:47 am 

I'm reading Demonic and enjoying it very much. The chapter discussing myths that have been created by liberals and the media was especially interesting. I was surprised at how many of those I had accepted as fact. If it's on the news it must be so, right? With my radar now tuned in, I noticed a piece on Fox today where J. McCain is claiming the Arizona wildfires are somehow linked to illegal aliens. There were no supporting facts. Does he KNOW this? And if so, why not just back it up with facts? I'll bet he doesn't know, he just hopes. This is exactly what the book described. It's not just liberals doing this stuff.

(For the record, I voted for McCain and believe in strict border enforcement.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:00 pm 

tommyp wrote:
I'm reading Demonic and enjoying it very much. The chapter discussing myths that have been created by liberals and the media was especially interesting. I was surprised at how many of those I had accepted as fact. If it's on the news it must be so, right? With my radar now tuned in, I noticed a piece on Fox today where J. McCain is claiming the Arizona wildfires are somehow linked to illegal aliens. There were no supporting facts. Does he KNOW this? And if so, why not just back it up with facts? I'll bet he doesn't know, he just hopes. This is exactly what the book described. It's not just liberals doing this stuff.

(For the record, I voted for McCain and believe in strict border enforcement.)

That's actually not true.

Unless the media, all other Republican politicians, etc. start spouting "the illegals did it," it's nothing like what Ann detailed. As of right now, it's just one person espousing "the illegals did it." I'd wager, most logic minded conservatives would say "yeah, sure that's possible, it's also possible the fires were started with one errant cigarette butt or camp fire or whackjob firebug, it's really hard to say without any concrete evidence."

Liberals, on the other hand, would need just one person to say "SARAH PALIN STARTED THE ARIZONA FIRES!" (because, you know, they like to yell) and then we'd see specials on MSNBC about how Palin is an arsonist, celebrities would be interviewed on the red carpet about how much of a danger Sarah Palin is, and SEIU folks would start shouting tasteless slogans about Palin and fires.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:14 pm 

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/06/21/i ... y-remarks/

Quote:
“We know that people who come across our border illegally … that these fires are sometimes, some of them, caused by this,” he said. Mr. McCain added, “I’m puzzled … that there should be any controversy.” He said he was merely repeating information he’d been given during a briefing with federal officials, including the U.S. Forest Service, before he appeared at the news conference.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:41 pm 

Actually not just one person. John McCain said it, Fox reported it. Exactly like Ann described in the book. And the US Forestry Service had no evidence of this or were they attributing the fires to this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:45 am 

http://minx.cc/?post=317923

Arizona Sheriff says either drug traffickers or human traffickers started the latest fires in Arizona.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:26 am 

Well....found so much about the French Revolution that I didn't know...cast that affair in a whole new light.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:03 am 

I am going to savor Ann's new book! Hurrah! Her chapter aboutthe attack on the investmetn broker in Central Park is dear to my heart as an LEO I have had interractions with "Project Innocence" and can tell VERY derogatory stories about the liberals.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:30 am 

Man, this is a great book. Awhile back I was pondering mob mentality and if it could be associated with Liberal mindset. Ann has proved it with her book. Thank you so much.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:47 pm 

I'm about 3/4 the way through "Demonic" and unless something changes drastically in the last 1/4 of the book, I'd say it's her worst effort to date. Way too much time was spent on the French and American Revolutions and it lacks the biting sarcasm and humor that her other books have. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad book. Not every band's newest album that comes out is their best. It's difficult to keep topping your last effort.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:42 am 

Ann calls Thomas Jefferson "a flake" :pout: .

It's still a great book.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:54 am 

SOMMESE wrote:
Dear Ms. Coulter,Esq.

Your new book is FABULOUS.

I have not quite finished it yet.
You are careful NOT to say that liberal America worships its idols because "they do not believe in God." So they have to create one.

Since I haven't read the book, does Ann discuss Frederick II's quote: "Religion is the idol of the mob; it adores everything it does not understand" ? http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/f/frederick_ii.html

Frederick II was no doubt influenced by both Voltaire and Maupertuis and a complicated man of his times so I was wondering if Ann could make sense of this argumentative and seemingly contradictive statement. If anyone could explain the evolution of religious philosophy of 'intelligent' men 250 yrs ago to today, Ann can. Were mobs originally just religious fanatics in the eyes of a military man?

Btw, Frederick's other quote "He who defends everything defends nothing" reminds me of Stossel and his passel of libertarians spouting off about gays and pot. Stossel is like the guy who mows the pattern in the outfield grass at a MLB ballpark. What he does is interesting and good for making conversation but it's completely irrelevant to playing the game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next