07/05/17 - IMMIGRANT OF THE WEEK: HENRY BELLO (OBOTETUKUDO)

Ann Coulter's Weekly Column
Now open for public comments.
All Opinions welcome but please keep it clean and respectful.
If you want to enjoy more of what the ACOC forum has to offer, please register.
Aliquis
Forum Administrator

07/05/17 - IMMIGRANT OF THE WEEK: HENRY BELLO (OBOTETUKUDO)

#1 Post by Aliquis » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Ann Coulter wrote:
IMMIGRANT OF THE WEEK: HENRY BELLO (OBOTETUKUDO)

July 5, 2017

Last Friday, Nigerian immigrant Henry Williams Obotetukudo, aka Henry Bello, opened fire with an AM-15 rifle at the Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, killing one doctor and injuring a half-dozen others. I would prefer to leap right in and offer my ideas for stopping these immigrant shooting rampages, but first I'll have to tell you the facts the media won't.

The New York Times, still unaware there's an internet, is trying to pass off the Nigerian as a Californian, the non-doctor as a doctor, and Mr. Obotetukudo as "Dr. Bello."

In the Times' major biographical profile of Bello the next day, he was described as a "sharp dresser from California." The only other reference to the shooter's provenance came several paragraphs later: "Dr. Bello lived in California off and on from 1991 until 2006."

ABC News had reported on the day of the shooting that Bello was a "Nigerian national" -- so the cat was already out of the bag, New York Times. Local New York station PIX11 also reported that he was a Nigerian. Even newspapers in Ohio knew that Bello was a Nigerian.

But as we go to print, the Times still has not identified Bello as a Nigerian immigrant. It issued a "correction," but only to clarify the exact street of a homeless shelter where Bello had lived. No correction to the "California" bit.

Sadly, the Times didn't allow any comments to the online version of its story, but CBS did. There were four comments, two about the incident ("rot in hell") and two about CBS's report:

"Where was Bello born?"

and:

"Where is he from? Where did he receive his medical degree? Worthless reporting."

You're not fooling anyone, media.

Having misled readers about Bello's nationality, the Times professed utter bafflement about the shooter's motive, saying it was "marked with as many questions as answers."

If the Times simply reported facts, instead of strategically constructing news stories to protect favored groups, it might have noticed that there have been a LOT of mass shootings by certain types of immigrants.

There are mental illness shootings, gangland shootings, still-angry-about-the-divorce shootings and so on. Some immigrant murderers are mentally ill or criminals -- thanks to our excellent and extremely rigorous vetting system! But there are enough like Mr. Obotetukudo to qualify as their own category: the Disappointed Immigrant mass shootings.

The usual elements are: 1) immigrants from wildly different cultures, who have 2) unrealistic expectations about what their lives should be like in the U.S., combined with 3) an inability to achieve success in the U.S., and 4) a failure to grasp our customs -- often, even our language, typically marked by 5) a particular rage at women.

The same way girls from the Midwest come to New York City expecting to live like Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex and the City" (she was paying $700 a month for a $2,700 per month apartment, plus $40,000 on shoes), some immigrants seem to expect their lives in the U.S. to be like something out of "Dynasty."

Bello, for example, declared bankruptcy in 2000 -- from one of the priciest towns in the world, Santa Barbara, California. And he just kept failing. He was fired from the Bronx hospital. He lost his license as a "pharmacy technician." (He was not a "doctor," despite the media's insistent reference to him as one.)

The Nigerian couldn't even pull off being a fake doctor, sounding more like a character out of a comedy sketch. Co-workers described him as "very aggressive, talking loudly, threatening people." Once he was arrested for fare-jumping -- just like your trusted family physician. Recently, he'd been living in a homeless shelter.

His Third World approach to meeting women resulted in his being arrested in 2004 for lifting a 23-year-old woman off the ground in Greenwich Village, while trying to penetrate her through her underwear and saying "You're coming with me." Although initially charged with felony assault, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor -- otherwise he might have been deported and America's beautiful mosaic would be diminished.

Apart from the turnstile jumping, all of Bello's arrests involve similarly rom-com, meet-cute scenarios. In 2003, he was arrested for kicking in an ex-girlfriend's door at 5:10 in the morning. In 2009, he was charged, in separate incidents, with harassing women by trying to look up their skirts.

All this insanely inappropriate behavior would have continued ad infinitum, with American women being sacrificed on the altar of multiculturalism, but, finally, the Unstoppable Force of Diversity met the Feminist Immovable Object: He was fired from the hospital for sexual harassment.

In his revenge shooting, he killed one doctor: a woman.

Bello blamed his firing on "racism and discrimination," so at least he was capable of assimilating to the American custom of immigrants being constantly aggrieved.

Close observers will notice the same basic pattern over and over again. Immigrants from backward cultures develop extravagant expectations about their lives in America, fail to master the most rudimentary civic habits, and then erupt in shooting rampages when their lives aren't turning out as planned.

One will find similar elements in the many, many immigrant mass murders -- Jiverly Wong (American Civic Association, Binghamton, New York); Nigerian immigrant Peter Odighizuwa, (Appalachian School of Law); Palestinian immigrant Ali Hassan Abu Kamal (Empire State Building), Bosnian immigrant Sulejman Talovic (Trolley Square Mall, Salt Lake City); Hmong immigrant Chai Soua Vang (hunters in Wisconsin); Mexican immigrant Salvador Tapia (Windy City Core Supply); Korean immigrant Seung-Hui Cho (Virginia Poly Tech and on and on.

Liberals have a mystical idea that we can pluck people from the most discordant cultures, put them in middle-class houses in the suburbs and then, magically, primitive tribesmen will be imbued with the core beliefs of our republic and civilization, developed over centuries.

Instead, we have Aztecs getting loaded up on Tecate and hopping behind the wheels of cars; Nigerians demanding to be called "doctor" while picking up women on the street and trying to drag them home; and Hmong responding to the concept of private property by wiping out a pack of Wisconsin hunters.

The New York Times might even help their Muslim friends by reporting the truth! Perhaps some Muslim mass murders -- Fort Hood, the Boston Marathon and the Orlando nightclub, for example –- aren't problems of Islam, at all. Maybe the problem is assimilation.

It would be a major step forward if the media would just stop lying to us. Until then, Times reporters can still be issued badges, but they shouldn't be press badges.

COPYRIGHT 2017 ANN COULTER

SuperDave

Re: 07/05/17 - IMMIGRANT OF THE WEEK: HENRY BELLO (OBOTETUKUDO)

#2 Post by SuperDave » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:46 pm

I looked up the Hmong immigrant Chai Soua Vang case. I came across this guy, Nengmy Vang, a forty-five-year-old Hmong male, who not only killed 6 white male/female hunters in Wisconsin in 2004, he killed 4 white people in Wisconsin, March 22nd of 2017! What the hell was this guy doing on the street after the 2004 killing spree!?

davidmdavis
Location: WARNING: It has been determined that practicing Christianity may be hazardous to your health.

#3 Post by davidmdavis » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:34 pm

SuperDave wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:46 pm
I looked up the Hmong immigrant Chai Soua Vang case. I came across this guy, Nengmy Vang, a forty-five-year-old Hmong male, who not only killed 6 white male/female hunters in Wisconsin in 2004, he killed 4 white people in Wisconsin, March 22nd of 2017! What the hell was this guy doing on the street after the 2004 killing spree!?
I'm thinking it's TWO different people...

This guy received six life sentences, plus 70 years.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chai_Vang

The other guy, died in a shootout...
https://apnews.com/376c6e27b5ab4654974d01697a9c81a9

COME NOW, PEOPLE! We're conservatives and libertarians. We're better than this. You know the rule. Liberals can be WRONG 98% of the time. If we're wrong two percent of the time, we're screwed.

Dave

Greg Simpson

#4 Post by Greg Simpson » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:03 pm

The Nigerians are very organized scammers and inveterate liars and cheats they have a web sight called 419 which is an area code were many scams originate including illegal immigration and a vast array of criminal activities done thru the Internet many are Muslim they seem to have little regard for Americans or our way of life I know Ann was touching another important aspect of crime by immigrants I just wanted to add they have a vast crime network

Flyingcloud

#5 Post by Flyingcloud » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm

I looked up the Times article Ann seems to be criticizing. Here's the link if anyone has interest: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/01/nyre ... bello.html

The article is dated July 1st, on the topic of his birth it had this to say:

"Born Henry Williams Obotetukudo, Dr. Bello lived in California off and on from 1991 until 2006. It was unclear if he was born in the United States, but he obtained a Social Security card in his late teens. Records showed that, in 2000, he filed for bankruptcy in Santa Barbara, Calif., when he would have been in his late 20s. He obtained his license as a pharmacy technician in California in 2006, and it expired in 2009."

On the same day Africanews reported that he was born in Nigeria, and the police released that detail. I don't know the relative timelines of those sources. The fact that the Times reported "It was unclear if he was born in the United States" on the same day another source made that clear, is not an error needing a "correction".

On the topic of his status as a doctor:

"Fresh out of medical school in the Caribbean, Henry Bello took the first job he could get on the road to working as a doctor: a pharmacy technician with the city’s Health and Hospitals system. Then, in 2014, he got his break, when Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center took a chance on the sharp dresser from California, someone who, in his 40s, was arriving late to the profession. He was hired to be what the hospital described as a “house physician.”

"With a limited permit from New York State to practice medicine as an international medical graduate, Dr. Bello was essentially an extra pair of hands for the department of family medicine at the 17-story hospital, one of the biggest and busiest in New York City. Dr. Sridhar Chilimuri, the hospital’s physician in chief, said Dr. Bello could treat patients and prescribe medication, as long as other doctors were looking over his shoulder, and only at Bronx-Lebanon. “Not over there — not in a clinic,” he said for emphasis, pointing out the hospital’s doors."

In the town I live in physicians assistants are commonly referred to as doctors. If we didn't do that it would be something like 16 years since I last saw a doctor.

kermit
Forum Moderator

#6 Post by kermit » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Flyingcloud wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm

In the town I live in physicians assistants are commonly referred to as doctors. If we didn't do that it would be something like 16 years since I last saw a doctor.
I don't exactly live in the big city, but in the surrounding 5 locals I do live in, physicians assistants are great for diagnosing strep throat and all, but no one around here calls them a doctor.

Stephen50right

#7 Post by Stephen50right » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:16 pm

Ann is spot on.

I've stated this before, perhaps it's high time for America to begin thinking about drastically curtailing even legal immigration. I mean we are 20 trillion dollars in debt. Unless a potential legal immigrant can prove without a doubt that they will bring value to American society such as a doctor, engineer, scientist, etc, then we simply cannot afford them any longer.

We already have too many parasites in our country. We certainly do not need any more. And as we know, some of these parasites besides the economic drain, become criminals and murder and harm innocent Americans.

We as a country really need to smarten up, and with Trump now in charge we've got hope of doing that.

mrright

#8 Post by mrright » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:17 pm

I love Ann's work, but sometimes she needs proofreading. Its safe to say that communists wont notice that she called the Nigerian's gun an" AM-15" and not an AR-15, but those of us who have fired one will spot that right away. I saw it on Brietbart, perhaps it did not say that originally?

Flyingcloud

#9 Post by Flyingcloud » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:54 am

kermit wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 pm
Flyingcloud wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm

I don't exactly live in the big city, but in the surrounding 5 locals I do live in, physicians assistants are great for diagnosing strep throat and all, but no one around here calls them a doctor.
Seeing a doctor is not exactly on my wish list. One has to be pretty darned sick to get to see a doctor at the clinic around here. That was the way of it when I lived in the bay area years ago too. I like the care I get from the physicians assistants.

When one of them prescribes something I get at the pharmacy, their last name is on the bottle with a Dr. in front of it. Years ago it wasn't that way, the doctor who looked over their shoulder would have their name on the bottle. I don't know when that changed, it was at least three years ago.

JohnD

#10 Post by JohnD » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:14 pm

The column mentions Korean immigrant Seung-Hui Cho (the VA Tech shooter) in a list of immigrants ("primitive tribesmen") from "backward countries". Korea is hardly a backward country. Cho was certainly an immigrant who never fit in, but come on -- Korea has operas, symphony orchestras, k-pop. Not a barbaric place.

davidmdavis
Location: WARNING: It has been determined that practicing Christianity may be hazardous to your health.

#11 Post by davidmdavis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:59 pm

If he was from Korea, he was probably one of their best.

Dave

Docb

#12 Post by Docb » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Wow, great piece on the failure of assimilation in the USA. The lack of acknowledgement by society that many new immigrants don't want to integrate into American society and are therefore left behind. They in turn take out their frustrations on innocent American citizens.
Why wait for erratic or violent behavior. If immigrants can't maintain steady employment or have a means of support they should be catapulted back to their country. Being
productive even in tough economy is clearly a sign of some stability. So tired of hearing "In my country I was Lawyer or Doctor" to which I reply why are you here. Some answer that they working on getting their credentials here others just shrug.I am all for helping someone get their professional credentials but they should then do pro-bono to help their fellow Americans. What happened to before coming to the States one had have someone sponsor them and needed X amount of money so as not to be a burden to the state.
I am exhausted hearing that foreigners legal or illegally here need help. Every able bodied person should work. Perhaps if "Dr." Bello worked harder and made a man of himself a woman would have been interested in him. Instead he resorts being another Book Haram rapist. The women he molested should taught how to shoot a gun using his corpse as a target.
Do you know the difference between justice and punishment punishment is not blind.

syzygy

#13 Post by syzygy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:32 am

JohnD wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:14 pm
The column mentions Korean immigrant Seung-Hui Cho (the VA Tech shooter) in a list of immigrants ("primitive tribesmen") from "backward countries". Korea is hardly a backward country. Cho was certainly an immigrant who never fit in, but come on -- Korea has operas, symphony orchestras, k-pop. Not a barbaric place.
Only the ones that still eat dog. :loopy:

Morloc

#14 Post by Morloc » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:43 am

Thanks for all of the independent investigation you do Ann. It's always nice to have original information that wasn't distilled from an AP story.

rushrock
Mod Emeritus

#15 Post by rushrock » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:33 pm

mrright wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:17 pm
I love Ann's work, but sometimes she needs proofreading. Its safe to say that communists wont notice that she called the Nigerian's gun an" AM-15" and not an AR-15, but those of us who have fired one will spot that right away. I saw it on Brietbart, perhaps it did not say that originally?

youtu.be/91RjmolO_Hg

Parlorboy

#16 Post by Parlorboy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Another great column! I would like Ann to take this a step further and start reporting on more current immigrant crimes as they happen. Americans (liberals in particular) are easily distracted and this subject regularly falls off the radar. Maybe this will wake up our normal citizens to the extent that many immigrants and illegals commit crimes and fail to assimilate. I note that the Loganville, Georgia mother that just killed her whole family required a translator for today's hearing, and was acting like a mental patient. The Atlanta Journal Constitution made no attempt to indicate where she was really from. Having recently lived in the neighboring community of Buford for the last six years, I can affirm that most folks actually from Loganville speak English.

Since the American media won't do it, Ann can carry the torch. We deserve to know 1) where they are from originally 2) whether they are here legally 3) what public benefits they have been receiving.

This crap has to be stopped.

mrright

#17 Post by mrright » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:00 am

Sory about that, cant find it now to delete it

The Royal Prince

#18 Post by The Royal Prince » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Since the American media won't do it, Ann can carry the torch.

I love it when we all think we own Ann .

When you do put that torch down , would you be a dear and bring me something hot off the grille ?

Nothing with shish kabobs type sharp objects attached just yet .

And the riding lawnmower is out of gas .

Would you mind starting up the weed wacker ?

But bring me the remote control 1st .

Can't let you do everything , now can we ?

There will be no watching "The View " or " Dr Phil " in this house today .

The Royal Prince

#19 Post by The Royal Prince » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:48 pm

This crap has to be stopped.
[/quote]

I said I loved the idea . She charges more than an undocumented worker and still proves its hard to find good caucassion
help , but it helps keep Berkeley students off the streets .