07/19/17 - HOW DELTA AIRLINES WRECKED AMERICAN HEALTH CARE July 19, 2017

Ann Coulter's Weekly Column
Now open for public comments.
All Opinions welcome but please keep it clean and respectful.
If you want to enjoy more of what the ACOC forum has to offer, please register.
kermit
Forum Moderator

07/19/17 - HOW DELTA AIRLINES WRECKED AMERICAN HEALTH CARE July 19, 2017

#1 Post by kermit » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:55 am

GOP RALLIES BEHIND IDIOTIC BILL

July 12, 2017
Ann Coulter wrote: Republicans are about to do something very stupid. Using bribery, threats and cajolery, they intend to pass a catastrophically unpopular bill on a party-line vote.

GOP: Obamacare is unpopular, so let's pass a new health care bill that's even MORE unpopular.

Normal Person: Why would you do that?

GOP: No, you don't understand. Obamacare is totally imploding, so if we pass this bill now, all its problems will be blamed on us!

Republicans would be better off doing nothing. They can survive the ridicule for running against Obamacare through four election cycles and then not repealing it. They cannot survive a bill that does nothing to fix the actual problems with Obamacare.

The only explanation for the GOP doing something so stupid and unpopular is that it's all about tax cuts.

Why can't we get it through their heads that we didn't elect Trump to cut taxes? Forty-five percent of people don't pay any federal income tax -- and they voted for Trump! Taxes on high earners (or "Hillary voters") are at a historic low.

Here's a somewhat more important issue I'd like to submit for Republicans' consideration: PEOPLE CAN'T BUY HEALTH INSURANCE THEY WANT, CAN'T SEE THE DOCTORS THEY WANT AND CAN'T AFFORD THEIR PREMIUMS AND DEDUCTIBLES.

How about allowing people the option of buying insurance that doesn't cover sex change operations, gambling addictions, psychotherapy, liver transplants for illegal aliens and so on?

Instead of squandering this moment, Trump the businessman should seize it to trumpet the free market. This is a golden opportunity to give a speech explaining why, contrary to everything your professors told you, communism doesn't work.

Liberals always promise us wondrous cost-saving government programs, and then, it turns out, none of the laws of physics support their exciting plans. Obamacare is crashing and burning -- and Trump hasn't done a thing to anyone's health care. He can say, perfectly accurately, he was just standing there when the plane hit the ground.

To paraphrase Talleyrand, what Republicans are doing with Obamacare is worse than a crime; it's a mistake.

What sets us apart from the rest of the world is freedom -- free people, free markets, free minds. That is how America became the most prosperous nation in the world. There's no genius that can compete with the genius of the free market.

Sentient adults are perfectly capable of making their own choices about what health insurance to buy, the same way they make choices about what food to buy. The whole key to fixing Obamacare is not to repeal it, but to allow the rest of us to buy insurance on the free market.

Right now, it's illegal to sell an insurance plan that most people would like to buy. Instead, you have to buy plans that cover millions of things you don't want and nothing that you do want -- all in order to pay for other people's health care.

It would be as if grocery stores were required to charge you $60 for a head of lettuce in order to fund the federal school lunch program.

It is a blood libel to say we don't care about the old, sick and dispossessed. Everyone has plenty of food in America, even without $60 heads of lettuce. That’s the free market! As Trump said, we will care for them better than they've ever been cared for before. But, first, the welfare cases have to be separated from the free market.

Proposed law: "Notwithstanding any other provision of federal or state law, it shall be lawful to purchase or sell any health insurance product in the United States of America."

Skip the repeal -- so there's nothing for leftist ruffians to protest -- and just give the rest of us the option of escaping Obamacare to buy health insurance the same way we buy everything else. Only a free market can guarantee good products at good prices.

Trump used to understand this! In the very first GOP debate, he said, "What I'd like to see is a private system without the artificial lines around every state. ... Get rid of the artificial lines and you will have yourself great plans. And then we have to take care of the people that can't take care of themselves. And I will do that through a different system."

The "lines around the states" were the 50 state insurance commissions determining which health plans could legally be sold in each state -- mandating, for example, that every plan include coverage for acupuncturists, chiropractors, fertility treatments, speech pathologists and so on.

Instead of throwing off the shackles of these commissions and giving us a nationwide free market in health insurance, Obamacare imposed one enormous federal shackle.

As a result, "health insurance" under Obamacare isn't insurance at all -- it's the government forcing us to pay for other people's health care through ghastly insurance premiums, deductibles and co-pays in exchange for highly limited health insurance for ourselves.

Trump ought to be using the flaming wreckage of Obamacare to illustrate what's wrong with all Soviet five-year plans. It could be as iconic as Reagan's Berlin Wall speech. Teenagers would vote Republican for the next 70 years -- 80 or 90 years, if they could finally buy decent health insurance.
COPYRIGHT 2017 ANN COULTER
DISTRIBUTED BY ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION
1130 Walnut St., Kansas City, MO 64106

Dr Feelgood

Re: 7/19/17 - HOW DELTA AIRLINES WRECKED AMERICAN HEALTH CARE July 19, 2017

#2 Post by Dr Feelgood » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:39 pm

In your column you make the reference that " black girls like to have sex all nite long " and I am just wondering if you have
any phone numbers ?

Oops ! Old SNL Weekend Update flashback with Garret Morris and a Rolling Stones song -- my bad .

Here's the correct quote :

Liberals always promise us wondrous cost-saving programs , and then , it turns out , none of the laws of physics don't support
their exciting plans . Obamacare is crashing and burning ..........

How much more history ( and by history I mean what has already happened in our lifetimes ) that the science is indeed settled
when it comes to government healthcare .

A giant walrus that sucks the life out of economies is the trade off , and everyone , old or young adult , knows at some gut level
there's a lot less money out there than they're used to be .

Maybe the Russia thing has kept the new administration on it's back heels -- or more probably draining the swamp needs to
be a more urgent priority -- but it seems the missing link right now is the exaggerater - in - chief is not using the bully pulpit --
and we wanted and elected a bully -- to start straightening things out -- and not just Joe & Mika --

I don't remember Reagan shrinking away from his cowboy image -- maybe Trump needs to ditch his thus far " Festus " approach
and bring on " Marshall Dillion " if he wants Russia to go away and America to come back again .

Rubio Marco

#3 Post by Rubio Marco » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Good point .

Where did that guy go ?

We need to check his hand size .

Miwok

#4 Post by Miwok » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:32 am

"A few weeks ago, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow was going on and on about a "single insurance provider" that pays for 49 percent of all births, as well as full health care costs of almost 40 percent of all children in the United States. This single "insurer," Maddow said, was the biggest "health insurance provider in the country by a mile."

Maddow was talking about Medicaid, which, of course, is not "insurance" but "welfare." "

What was the Deduction I had taken out of my check FOR DECADES, that I was not supposed to collect in the form of Medicare after age 65, that supposedly pays for 49% of births in the USA?

I am confused, MS Coulter.. how are people over 65 having babies? And since I paid into this system, it is considered WELFARE by Ms Coulter?

WilliamVA

#5 Post by WilliamVA » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Miwok wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:32 am
"A few weeks ago, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow was going on and on about a "single insurance provider" that pays for 49 percent of all births, as well as full health care costs of almost 40 percent of all children in the United States. This single "insurer," Maddow said, was the biggest "health insurance provider in the country by a mile."

Maddow was talking about Medicaid, which, of course, is not "insurance" but "welfare." "

What was the Deduction I had taken out of my check FOR DECADES, that I was not supposed to collect in the form of Medicare after age 65, that supposedly pays for 49% of births in the USA?

I am confused, MS Coulter.. how are people over 65 having babies? And since I paid into this system, it is considered WELFARE by Ms Coulter?
Think you got your "Med" mixed up. Medicare (Part A) is that thing you paid into all them years. Medicare (Part A) is Hospitalization Coverage.
Medicare Parts B, and it's subs (C and Others) is Medicare Medical Insurance (Less Hospitalization (Part A). Medicare (Part D) is for Prescription
Medicine coverage. Note that all of these are "Medicare". These you either paid into through a payroll deduction, or for Part C thru D, with
a monthly fee.
The other "Med" is Medicaid, the Federal contribution is paid out of the Medicare Fund, paid to the States to provide Medical Coverage for
low income families, and welfare recipients. Medicaid is Welfare.

So, Individuals eligible for Medicare (over 65) don't have babies. Repeating Ms. Coulter... MEDICAID IS WELFARE.

Dr Feelgood

#6 Post by Dr Feelgood » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:33 pm

In your column you complain about a Supreme Court ruling on the " deaf " penalty , and I think you may have meant the
death penalty .

Oops ! Another SNL Weekend Update flashback with Gilda Radner -- why can't I get a life ?

Correct quote ---- health insurance under Obamacare isn't insurance at all --its the government forcing us to pay ( for a lotta
stuff , blah , blah , blah --- last line ) .

Government healthcare is also about lining the pockets of Big Pharma and other lobbyists .

As I understand it , a California M.D. cannot discuss good nutrition with a patient , and even though such advice would
stimulate California's fruit picking industry , it would be bad for drug company profits .

We already know there are cures for diabetes and other ailments -- if anybody didn't know you do now cuz I just told ya --
that are not allowed because it would dissolve profits out there for somebody .

Statin drugs are another example -- cholesterol reducers lipitor , crestor , etc -- shown to do not much good and actually
increase death , but moneymakers for someone , so onward they go .

Many more examples of this kind of thing , and when you concentrate it all in one area , like a federal government piñata , its
just too easy and too visible a target for ulterior motive minded types to aim at , and just too difficult for citizens and small
organizations to stand up against .

Returning healthcare control to the local level , state , country , non- profit hospitals , will scatter the money and power
far enough apart that Doctors , citizens , & small local insurance companies would be able to stand up to big money interests
and do what is right for the patient , and conversely protect the little guy from the big money interests as all that scattering
would make it difficult for big money to regain a foothold .

And the forgotten man was what this president was all about , remember ?

Paul Rand

#7 Post by Paul Rand » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Ya -- why not ?

If the media can rate President Obama as a top 10 president of all time for bringing healthcare to the masses and crush
the economy and destroy his own political party in the process ,

then why can't a Republican president go down in history as one of the 10 worst presidents of all time for coming up
with something that just might advance medicine and make care more accessible and rejuvenate his party in the process ?

chulcoop

#8 Post by chulcoop » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 am

A lot of people don't want to insure themselves for illnesses they think they won't get then get a shock when they get one of those illnesses.

This is Ann's nightmare, but it is more humane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2sFT7T0mCs