10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

Ann Coulter's Weekly Column
Now open for public comments.
All Opinions welcome but please keep it clean and respectful.
If you want to enjoy more of what the ACOC forum has to offer, please register.
Message
Author
kermit
Forum Moderator
Posts: 10378
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 am

10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#1

#1 Post by kermit » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:04 pm

Ann Coulter wrote:HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

October 25, 2017




We are now nearly a quarter of the way through the entire Trump presidency -- and, depending how the 2018 elections go, we could be at the halfway mark.

Here are some headlines from that presidency:

"Defying Turkey, U.S. Decides to Arm Kurds in Syria"

"Iraqi Leader, in Washington, Gets Trump's Assurance of U.S. Support"

"Trump Administration Lifts Sanctions on Sudan, Citing Progress"

"Trump Plans Visit to Asia to Buttress Korea Policy"

There are thousands of 'em, day after monotonous day.

In the last 10 months, has a single manufacturing job been created in Trump's America? Has there been one opioid death avoided? Has 1 foot of the wall been built?

No, just more of this:

"Trump Praises Philippine President in Call Transcript"

"Trump's Attempt to End the Saudi-Qatar Stalemate Ends in Recriminations"

Democrats realize that Trump's main campaign issues, immigration and trade, were kryptonite to his opponents. The Democrats, the media, even Republicans threw everything they had at Trump -- a Russian dossier intended to sway the election, an illegally obtained hot-mic tape, 100 percent negative news coverage for 15 straight months.

He still won.

Democrats know how Trump did it -- and, unfortunately, they also know how to use the same kryptonite against him.

You will notice that smart liberals are NOT saying, We need more pussyhats, more angry rhetoric, more Rachel Maddow conspiracy theories! No, the smart liberals are begging Democrats to steal the central components of Trump's death-defying campaign: immigration and manufacturing.

Andrew Sullivan recently wrote in New York magazine: "I don't believe it's disputable at this point that the most potent issue behind the rise of the far right in America and Europe is mass immigration. It's a core reason that Trump is now president." He called the Democrats' sudden decision to treat illegal immigrants as a beloved constituency "political suicide."



Then this week, former Obama administration official Steven Rattner called on Democrats to abandon liberal shibboleths and focus on winning the votes of "white working-class men." Wage stagnation, he wrote in a New York Times op-ed, is "our most pressing economic challenge."

And of course, several months ago, the Democrats' meticulous pollster, Stanley Greenberg, produced a report telling Democrats that, to beat Trump, they need to win back "the nation's working class communities, starting in the formerly industrial states and Upper Midwest."

What does a laid-off steelworker, his town drowning in Mexican heroin, think when he reads daily headlines like these:

"Trump Suggests Bigger U.S. Role in Syria Conflict"

"U.S. Warship Approaches an Island Claimed by China"

Gosh, I'm glad we elected Trump! I haven't been able to sleep at night, worrying about the Syrians and that island claimed by China.

What do the Angel Moms, whose kids were murdered by illegal aliens, think when reading these bulletins:

"As Trump's Peacemaker, Kushner Finds Common Goals, and Friction, in Mideast Trip"

"Trump Won't Move U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, Yet"

Well, we didn't get the wall, but thank God it's pedal-to-the-metal on resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict!

At the end of Trump's term in office, I promise you, the Israelis and Palestinians will not be living in peace and harmony. Kim Jong-un will not have called for democratic elections. ISIS, al-Shabaab, al-Qaida and the Muslim head-choppers du jour will not have suddenly become pro-life.

The rest of the world will still be a godforsaken cesspool.

That's why Trump's campaign slogan to "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" was such a hit. Beyond the self-evident attractiveness of a president caring about us, instead of the rest of the world, fixing our country is at least something that's achievable.

Our tender ministrations in Iraq, Afghanistan and 200 other countries Congress is unaware we've even sent troops to has accomplished nothing good, and all too often a lot that's bad.

We haven't been able to get our leaders to focus on America's problems for 30 years. The seduction of foreign policy is too great. War, military strikes, treaties -- if you're president, these are the antidote to whatever ails you! Presidents wear the mantle of national security like an amulet.

Any international conflict means a president can't be criticized abroad. His short-term poll numbers will go sky-high. Even a dunderhead can feel like a master strategist when threatening to deploy the full force of the U.S. military. (See Nikki Haley.)

The rest of the world's problems will never be solved, but it seems so adult and serious to be "working" on them.

We need to go into the Situation Room, sir. The Democratic Republic of Noos
Noos has sent a disturbing cable.

Yes, absolutely! Cancel the rest of my day that I was going to spend fulfilling my
campaign promises.

If ever there was a presidential candidate who seemed immune to the siren song of "foreign policy," we thought it was Trump. We voted for a reality TV star. We didn't want "gravitas."

Instead, the smart set's contempt for Trump seems to have sent him headlong into a fevered obsession with the goings-on in North Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Guam, Venezuela, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Qatar, Niger and little Burkina Faso.

No one cares enough to read past the headlines. There won't be any snippy lower court judges issuing frame-worthy rebukes of Trump's travel ban or thousands of women showing up on the National Mall in pussyhats.

So there's peace.

But there will be no change. Not in the rest of the world and not in the country Trump promised to make great again.

COPYRIGHT 2017 ANN COULTER
DISTRIBUTED BY ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION

Nabi

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#2

#2 Post by Nabi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:33 pm

Well, I don't see how we can continue cooperating with Kim. Or maybe Ann thinks it's okay to exist at his discretion, like so many on the Left?

skippylou
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:06 pm
Location: Chihuahuan Desert

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#3

#3 Post by skippylou » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:59 pm

Ann, I am not a neo-con and have no desire to bring western democracy to all the $#!+ holes of the earth but we are a target at home and abroad. Donald Trump campaigned on rebuilding our military and restoring respect for America among our friends and enemies.

If the United States of America is not the pre-eminent military and economic leader of the world....

someone else will be....

and you might not like the result.


Don't go Code Pink on us.

:wave:

Flyingcloud
Posts: 5223
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Yosemite CA

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#4

#4 Post by Flyingcloud » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 pm

Nabi wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:33 pm
Well, I don't see how we can continue cooperating with Kim. Or maybe Ann thinks it's okay to exist at his discretion, like so many on the Left?
Nabi, I've seen your visitor posts before. One liners which are like a swift kick up the rear.

If you're going to keep coming back why don't you join the rest of us inside the forum. Here's the link:

Join the ACOC >>> https://chat.anncoulter.com/ucp.php?mode=register

I checked the members list and I wonder if you're not already are a member, perhaps having joined us last May. If you've lost your password that problem can be fixed. Attempt to log in, there's a link there to click on if you cant remember your password.

John Australia

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#5

#5 Post by John Australia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:57 am

Surely I don't detect the first twinge of disenchantment

Viva La Migra

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#6

#6 Post by Viva La Migra » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:54 am

Ann, why did you call the invaders "illegal immigrants..."? I thought you knew full well that they were ILLEGAL ALIENS!

User avatar
Foxfyre
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#7

#7 Post by Foxfyre » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:20 pm

I understand Ann's frustration. One of my favorite columns of hers was taking on President George W. Bush when he went soft and mushy on illegal immigration even to the point that he said giving illegals a path to citizenship was not amnesty.

But I'm not seeing President Trump go soft on immigration though he is working on a solution for the dreamers which realistically does need a solution other than mass deportation.

What I am seeing is a media that is ignoring and not putting up headlines re the good economic news, the dramatic increase of confidence in the business community, and the very good proposals that President Trump is putting out there and the status quo--don't rock the boat because it might hurt us--Congress can't get its act together to change the laws that desperately need to be changed.

What the media is doing is putting those international headlines up with as much negative news in the stories as they can find or manufacture as they rightfully know those headlines will generate more criticism and contempt for the President.

I think those who voted for his vision can't abandon ship now. If we do then yes, nothing will ever change.

Flyingcloud
Posts: 5223
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Yosemite CA

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#8

#8 Post by Flyingcloud » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Viva La Migra wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:54 am
Ann, why did you call the invaders "illegal immigrants..."? I thought you knew full well that they were ILLEGAL ALIENS!
In your user name you said "long live the immigration police." Or it could be just as easily translated as long live the immigration patrol, or border patrol. It's all about words, some of us here at ACOC like try to use them all. :nod:

Your user name is quite interesting, and I think you would be interesting and have a lot to say. I checked the member list and we don't have anyone named Viva La Migra. You wouldn't have to fight with the software to pick out a user name no one else has. You could register in a couple of minuets and become regular a member just like that Viva La Migra.

Join the ACOC >>> https://chat.anncoulter.com/ucp.php?mode=register

vodka1
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:54 am

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#9

#9 Post by vodka1 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:23 am

Why would Ms Coulter not be frustrated? We're not seeing a wall yet! Why isn't one starting? Illegal invasion might be slowed, but it hasn't stopped.
Start Everify, try to get illegals off welfare and any health benefit programs, push for a law to eliminate anchor babies, try to get voter photo IDs, and for God's sake build the damned wall!

The Bap Minola

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#10

#10 Post by The Bap Minola » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:53 am

More E. Pluribus Awesomeness on display. I figured the "minds" here would be stoked a year into Trump's administration after using the ban-hammer on me for suggesting that the Trump might just be completely full of crap, and the "conservatives" who were pimping him aren't. He is exactly what he has always been, a myopic hothead who to this day can't tell the difference between a bumper sticker, and a public policy. Look at the bright side phoney ACOC conservatives, the Donald's twitter feed is good for a laugh or two a week.

FWIW, you should be telling folks that they are only welcome so long as they toe the moderator line in this forum when you invite them to join the "discussion" here.

Bap Minola ;)

Flyingcloud
Posts: 5223
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Yosemite CA

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#11

#11 Post by Flyingcloud » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:27 am

The Bap Minola wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:53 am
More E. Pluribus Awesomeness on display. I figured the "minds" here would be stoked a year into Trump's administration after using the ban-hammer on me for suggesting that the Trump might just be completely full of crap, and the "conservatives" who were pimping him aren't. He is exactly what he has always been, a myopic hothead who to this day can't tell the difference between a bumper sticker, and a public policy. Look at the bright side phoney ACOC conservatives, the Donald's twitter feed is good for a laugh or two a week.

FWIW, you should be telling folks that they are only welcome so long as they toe the moderator line in this forum when you invite them to join the "discussion" here.

Bap Minola ;)
I remember you, you were here for a couple of years. You posted a lot, but haven't been here for a long time. There's been changes. There's been an amnesty. You can come back. So can Doc. I've been looking for him to tell him he's welcome to come back. I have the go ahead from admin to do this.

Try logging into your account, see if that works. If that doesn't work create an account, Bap is a name that hasn't been taken, it will just be a temporary account so we can communicate. Once you're on the inside PM me and we'll work out resetting your old account with admin.

:high5:

SwedeMauser

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#12

#12 Post by SwedeMauser » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:29 am

I like you Ann and I always hope that your "attacks" are actually meant to help Trump, keep him on track, and warn his enemies . That said I would like to believe that youy are not some dreamy eyed Libertarian who thinks we can exist "outside" of the real world. International relations, treaties, engagements and business do not exist in a vacuum and if we are not involved and "running" things then someone else - Putin, The ChiComs, et al- will be. So lets hope some of your blathering rant is tongue in cheek as opposed to having your head in the sand.

User avatar
Stephen50right
Posts: 1475
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#13

#13 Post by Stephen50right » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Well of course the answer is Trump has gotten bogged down in the swamp.

Let's just hope it doesn't turn out to be quicksand.

Flyingcloud
Posts: 5223
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Yosemite CA

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#14

#14 Post by Flyingcloud » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:54 pm

SwedeMauser wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:29 am
I like you Ann and I always hope that your "attacks" are actually meant to help Trump, keep him on track, and warn his enemies . That said I would like to believe that youy are not some dreamy eyed Libertarian who thinks we can exist "outside" of the real world. International relations, treaties, engagements and business do not exist in a vacuum and if we are not involved and "running" things then someone else - Putin, The ChiComs, et al- will be. So lets hope some of your blathering rant is tongue in cheek as opposed to having your head in the sand.
I thought Ann was trying to wake Trump up.



I noticed you're a Swedish Mauser. I like bolt actions, long barrels, and stocks made from wood. Having a cleaning rod handy is good idea too. We discuss such things a lot around here.

Why don't you join the forum, those fast direct gas impingement kind have started out numbering bolt actions as of late. :nod:

skippylou
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:06 pm
Location: Chihuahuan Desert

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#15

#15 Post by skippylou » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 am

SwedeMauser wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:29 am
I like you Ann and I always hope that your "attacks" are actually meant to help Trump, keep him on track, and warn his enemies . That said I would like to believe that youy are not some dreamy eyed Libertarian who thinks we can exist "outside" of the real world. International relations, treaties, engagements and business do not exist in a vacuum and if we are not involved and "running" things then someone else - Putin, The ChiComs, et al- will be. So lets hope some of your blathering rant is tongue in cheek as opposed to having your head in the sand.
:thumb:

You're right on the money, Swede. Why not join the chaos and fun here?

:wave:

User avatar
rushrock
Mod Emeritus
Posts: 11251
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:25 am
Location: Scratchin' Dirt

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#16

#16 Post by rushrock » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Flyingcloud wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:54 pm
SwedeMauser wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:29 am
I like you Ann and I always hope that your "attacks" are actually meant to help Trump, keep him on track, and warn his enemies . That said I would like to believe that youy are not some dreamy eyed Libertarian who thinks we can exist "outside" of the real world. International relations, treaties, engagements and business do not exist in a vacuum and if we are not involved and "running" things then someone else - Putin, The ChiComs, et al- will be. So lets hope some of your blathering rant is tongue in cheek as opposed to having your head in the sand.
I thought Ann was trying to wake Trump up.



I noticed you're a Swedish Mauser. I like bolt actions, long barrels, and stocks made from wood. Having a cleaning rod handy is good idea too. We discuss such things a lot around here.

Why don't you join the forum, those fast direct gas impingement kind have started out numbering bolt actions as of late. :nod:
Yes - we talks a lot about mousers...

Image


OscarLevant
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#18

#18 Post by OscarLevant » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:07 am

Ann Coulter wrote:HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

October 25, 2017




We are now nearly a quarter of the way through the entire Trump presidency -- and, depending how the 2018 elections go, we could be at the halfway mark.

Here are some headlines from that presidency:

"Defying Turkey, U.S. Decides to Arm Kurds in Syria"

"Iraqi Leader, in Washington, Gets Trump's Assurance of U.S. Support"

"Trump Administration Lifts Sanctions on Sudan, Citing Progress"

"Trump Plans Visit to Asia to Buttress Korea Policy"

There are thousands of 'em, day after monotonous day.

In the last 10 months, has a single manufacturing job been created in Trump's America? Has there been one opioid death avoided? Has 1 foot of the wall been built?

No, just more of this:

"Trump Praises Philippine President in Call Transcript"

"Trump's Attempt to End the Saudi-Qatar Stalemate Ends in Recriminations"

Democrats realize that Trump's main campaign issues, immigration and trade, were kryptonite to his opponents. The Democrats, the media, even Republicans threw everything they had at Trump -- a Russian dossier intended to sway the election, an illegally obtained hot-mic tape, 100 percent negative news coverage for 15 straight months.

He still won.

Democrats know how Trump did it -- and, unfortunately, they also know how to use the same kryptonite against him.

You will notice that smart liberals are NOT saying, We need more pussyhats, more angry rhetoric, more Rachel Maddow conspiracy theories! No, the smart liberals are begging Democrats to steal the central components of Trump's death-defying campaign: immigration and manufacturing.

Andrew Sullivan recently wrote in New York magazine: "I don't believe it's disputable at this point that the most potent issue behind the rise of the far right in America and Europe is mass immigration. It's a core reason that Trump is now president." He called the Democrats' sudden decision to treat illegal immigrants as a beloved constituency "political suicide."



Then this week, former Obama administration official Steven Rattner called on Democrats to abandon liberal shibboleths and focus on winning the votes of "white working-class men." Wage stagnation, he wrote in a New York Times op-ed, is "our most pressing economic challenge."

And of course, several months ago, the Democrats' meticulous pollster, Stanley Greenberg, produced a report telling Democrats that, to beat Trump, they need to win back "the nation's working class communities, starting in the formerly industrial states and Upper Midwest."

What does a laid-off steelworker, his town drowning in Mexican heroin, think when he reads daily headlines like these:

"Trump Suggests Bigger U.S. Role in Syria Conflict"

"U.S. Warship Approaches an Island Claimed by China"

Gosh, I'm glad we elected Trump! I haven't been able to sleep at night, worrying about the Syrians and that island claimed by China.

What do the Angel Moms, whose kids were murdered by illegal aliens, think when reading these bulletins:

"As Trump's Peacemaker, Kushner Finds Common Goals, and Friction, in Mideast Trip"

"Trump Won't Move U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, Yet"

Well, we didn't get the wall, but thank God it's pedal-to-the-metal on resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict!

At the end of Trump's term in office, I promise you, the Israelis and Palestinians will not be living in peace and harmony. Kim Jong-un will not have called for democratic elections. ISIS, al-Shabaab, al-Qaida and the Muslim head-choppers du jour will not have suddenly become pro-life.

The rest of the world will still be a godforsaken cesspool.

That's why Trump's campaign slogan to "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" was such a hit. Beyond the self-evident attractiveness of a president caring about us, instead of the rest of the world, fixing our country is at least something that's achievable.

Our tender ministrations in Iraq, Afghanistan and 200 other countries Congress is unaware we've even sent troops to has accomplished nothing good, and all too often a lot that's bad.

We haven't been able to get our leaders to focus on America's problems for 30 years. The seduction of foreign policy is too great. War, military strikes, treaties -- if you're president, these are the antidote to whatever ails you! Presidents wear the mantle of national security like an amulet.

Any international conflict means a president can't be criticized abroad. His short-term poll numbers will go sky-high. Even a dunderhead can feel like a master strategist when threatening to deploy the full force of the U.S. military. (See Nikki Haley.)

The rest of the world's problems will never be solved, but it seems so adult and serious to be "working" on them.

We need to go into the Situation Room, sir. The Democratic Republic of Noos
Noos has sent a disturbing cable.

Yes, absolutely! Cancel the rest of my day that I was going to spend fulfilling my
campaign promises.

If ever there was a presidential candidate who seemed immune to the siren song of "foreign policy," we thought it was Trump. We voted for a reality TV star. We didn't want "gravitas."

Instead, the smart set's contempt for Trump seems to have sent him headlong into a fevered obsession with the goings-on in North Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Guam, Venezuela, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Qatar, Niger and little Burkina Faso.

No one cares enough to read past the headlines. There won't be any snippy lower court judges issuing frame-worthy rebukes of Trump's travel ban or thousands of women showing up on the National Mall in pussyhats.

So there's peace.

But there will be no change. Not in the rest of the world and not in the country Trump promised to make great again.

COPYRIGHT 2017 ANN COULTER
DISTRIBUTED BY ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION

Actually, that is not the reason Trump is president. Trump lost the popular vote by almost 3 million votes, a number which many prior presidents lost the election by. No, it was a fluke of the electoral college, plus a lot of help from Kris Kobach in the suppression of the vote, and not just suppression, but the purging of 1.1 million blacks, hispanics, and asians from voter registration rolls under a program created by Kobach called "Interstate Crosscheck". You can take all the russian meddlingi, all the other shenanigans dems complain about and toss them -- but for interstate crosscheck, Hillary would be president, given that the purged numbers in each of the swing state vastly exceeded the numbers which Trump won by, noting that when a voters' registration is purged, and they show up to cast their ballot, and there is no record of that voter registering, they give that voter a provisional ballot, which, in most, if not all, of the red states, they are not counted, which, by the way, prompted Jill Stein to sue to get those ballots counted, but, alas, she didn't have 'standing'.

But, naturally, clamoring about cheating, something wich republicans do much better than dems, ( gerrymandering, in particular ) will cause repubs to shout "sore loser", I mean, who wants democracy anyway? It's all about power by any means, eh?


Anyway, Ann, now you are noticing that he's not actually making America great again?

Hey, what do you expect from a man like Trump, you know, the same guy who screwed thousands out of thousands of dollars via Trump University, the same guy who cheated hundreds of contractors out of money owed, not because he didn't have the money to pay them, only because he could get away with it.. one contractor, who installed over a million dollars worth of lighting at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, complained that Trump totally didn't pay him for the lighting. He couldn't afford to sue him, and filed for bankruptcy. Did Trump care? no.Trump stated that the reason was the vendors work was poor. But, funny thing, apparently, not one single vendor's work was worthy of full payment, he screws everyone, or just about everyone though many he just paid less than contracted for, and not only contrators, , but dishwashers, waiters, etc..

Trump, because of such practice, has been sued over 3500 hundred times. he has been sued 135 times since taking office. Trump bragged about being for the working man in Philly, where there are closed steel plants, but Trump used chinese steel for all of his buildings. Trump bragged about bringing home jobs from overseas, but all of Trumps products are made overseas.

Trump thinks the "wall" will stop illegal immigration, but 40% of illegal immigration are visa overstays, and the wall will cost many billions and there is no way a wall could be built to cover the entire south western border.

The five major law firms in Washington, who are experts on the kind of law politicians need representation on, would not take his business. Their stated reason? He doesn't listen, and he doesn't pay. He has a huge reputation as a deadbeat. His corporations declared bancruptcy four times (some say six), leaving many people holding the bag. He came out smelling like a rose.

His "foundation" is a piece of paper, there are no employees, no charitable work. He uses the donations to that foundation to pay his personal legal bills, and that of his children. He once filed a claim for $100,000 of 9/11 money supposed to go to owners of 9/11 damaged businesses, but none of his businesses were touched by it. I could write a book on Trump's transgressions, but go on you YouTube and look for a film called Trumped. It's all about all the awful treatment he gave to the townspeople of Aberdeenshire Scotland, in the pursuit of his golf course there.

On top of this, 17 women accused him of sexual predation, the very things he bragged about on the Access Hollywood tape. He walked in on the teen pageant dressing room, while many teens were unclothed, because he rationalized, "I own the joint, I can inspect the premises".


And, emoluments galore, so much for being a "law and order" president, I mean, the constitution is just a piece of paper, right? Trump required US security personel to stay at his hotels whenever he is on the move, the profits of which go directly to his bank account. During he speech he gave to South Korea, he touted his golf course. His daughter hawked jewelry on the gov dime, It goes on and on and on and on such as the fact that everything in the Steele Dossier is turning out to be true (more and more of it is being confirmed, and none of it has been disproven). he has obstructed justice, and favored the advice of our enemies over our own security staff. and this is just scratching the service, and after all of this, now you are noticing that he is not making America great again? Not to mention that none of the things he
promised have been accomplished, and everything that is going wrong, he is blaming on others, because for Trump, the buck never stops "here" but always over there. Now the economy, which is moving right along thus far,
the upward trajectory of which was started by Obama ( reversing the downward trajectory of Bush ) he is quick to take credit for ( noting that none of his policies could have an effect on the economy until the beginning of the fiscal year,
which didn't begin until October first, very recently. But, the truth is, what policies? Not one major piece
of legislation has yet to be accomplished. You think all this prosperity comes about just because Trump goes around
bloviating about his win in the election, and he's promising everyone the moon and then some, and all of this is what
is giving biz prosperity? I mean, he acts like a buffoon half the time, that sure wouldn't inspire me, if I were in business, and he's not kept his promises, so what reasonable expectation would I, if I were a businessman, expect
my taxes to be reduced. Speaking of taxes, both senate and house bills really do make rich people great, I mean their wallets, not much in there for the little guy, so so much for populism. Come to think of it, a republican populist is an oxymoron.


But, oh yeah, he has deregulated, you know, 'cause removing burdens on business will be good for the economy and jobs.

Yeah, right....
Such as he signed into law reversing the Stream Protection Rule, because, well, nothing like allowing mining
companies to pollute streams really makes America great than people choking on toxic waste after swimming in streams polluted by mining companies.

He signed the bill that reversed the requirement by the Social Security Administration to turn over to the Department of Justice information on individuals with disabling mental illnesses — about 75,000 a year — including a registry of those not allowed to buy a gun, because, well, nothing like helping crazies get guns makes America great, I couldn't do better, myself.

He reversed the law that compels employers to have a continuing obligation to maintain accurate records of serious workplace injuries and illnesses for up to five years, since, I mean, we don't want anyone to know if a corporation's
workplace standards are hurting anyone, we wouldn't want anyone suing the company for safety standards and win any
lawsuits which might resulting in correcting such behavior by obtaining this information, do we? I mean, we are trying to make America great again and nothing helps America be great again that helping bad companies continue to bad, so it's is a good thing, eh?


Funny thing, though, seems to me that if you are going to make America great again, you, yourself, would have to be great, and I'm not seeing any evidence Trump is great. Quite the opposite, I'm seeing behavior that belies a small-minded, petty, incompetent, ignorant man who got lucky being born into a rich family.

Oh, I suppose he knows how to slap his name on buildings, how to hold people's attention and con them into voting for him, he's a good self-promoter, I'll grant him that. But, so was Hitler. Oh crap, did I just compare Trump to Hitler?

No, I didn't , but Trump does share traits that are common to most demagogues, as Hitler was a demagogue in the extreme.

All in all, Trump is not going to make America great again, and all the foreigners Ive talked to about him (and I've talked to many in my profession), they tell me they feel sorry for us.

One thing Trump can do better than anyone in history:

He knows how to be a bleeping blabbering bloviating blowhard

On that count, he has no peer.
Last edited by kermit on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote error

User avatar
syzygy
Posts: 10985
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:30 am
Location: Still on my tractor O=o

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#19

#19 Post by syzygy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:15 am

OscarLevant wrote:One thing Trump can do better than anyone in history:

He knows how to be a bleeping blabbering bloviating blowhard
Pot, meet kettle. :sheesh:

Flyingcloud
Posts: 5223
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Yosemite CA

Re: 10/25/17 - HEADLINES FROM AN ADMINISTRATION THAT IS NOT PUTTING AMERICA FIRST

#20

#20 Post by Flyingcloud » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:30 am

syzygy wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:15 am
OscarLevant wrote:One thing Trump can do better than anyone in history:

He knows how to be a bleeping blabbering bloviating blowhard
Pot, meet kettle. :sheesh:
Syzgy, it seems to me Oscar is more like a Dutch Oven than he is like a Pot.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests