Welcome New Members! Stop by here to say hello or dive into any topic!
NEW! BUY Ann's BOOKS HERE

Help! I'm locked out of my thread!

Read this forum before applying for membership.
shadesofthesun
Admin Emeritus

Help! I'm locked out of my thread!

#1 Post by shadesofthesun » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:45 am

There are a variety of reasons for threads being locked, and in most cases, there will be an explanation posted. For the occasions when there's not an immediate explanation, and to give you an idea of what triggers a lock, here are a few of the more common reasons why we close up shop:

-It's a duplicate. Somebody's already started a thread about this topic.

-It's solicitation. You might have a stellar blog, forum, or business, but the purpose of this forum is interaction, not to redirect posters elsewhere.

-It's a train wreck. Some threads veer wildly and irreparably off-topic, degenerate into personal attacks, or are merely attempts to stir up a reaction, rather than honest debate.

-It's gotten fat. As mentioned in the forum rules, no thread lasts forever, and at a certain point, the time comes to close up shop and wait for the next go-around.

-It's false. Be careful of what e-mail forwards, message board postings, or questionable news sources you base your information on. However interesting the subject may be, a false premise precludes further debate.

If you have any questions about a locking, do NOT use the public forum. Rather, PM a moderator or administrator with your question, and we'll answer it to the best of our ability.