Ann Coulter Column Ideas & Requests

Open to guests to discuss the latest news and world events. Feel free to jump in.
Aliquis
Forum Administrator

Ann Coulter Column Ideas & Requests

#1 Post by Aliquis » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:01 am

Ever wanted to suggest or request a column topic? Got an idea or topic request?

Submit it here! Post your suggestions.

After receiving thousands of emails offering suggestions and requests, we are now providing a place to post the suggestions. We will send the best of the best to Miss Coulter!

jen

Re: Ann Coulter Column Ideas & Requests

#2 Post by jen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm

Please look into this! No federal assistance for a sanctuary state!

http://www.breitbart.com/california/201 ... ary-state/

Aliquis
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Aliquis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:20 pm

jen wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
Please look into this! No federal assistance for a sanctuary state!

http://www.breitbart.com/california/201 ... ary-state/

ICE Director: Suspected Wine Country Arsonist Is Illegal Alien Mexican National

Michelle Moons19 Oct 2017
Sonoma Wine Country fire (Josh Adelson / AFP / Getty)
Josh Adelson / AFP / Getty

WASHINGTON, DC — U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Acting Director Tom Homan confirmed on Thursday that a man arrested in connection with setting a fire in Sonoma County Wine Country is an illegal alien from Mexico who has been twice returned to his “home country.”

Homan also confirmed that ICE has issued detainer requests for Jesus Fabian Gonzalez five times now in the past year alone, including the one issued on October 16 in relation to his most recent arrest on suspicion of arson. All of the arrests were made “by Sonoma County on various felony and misdemeanor charges,” according to Homan.

Sonoma County is considered a sanctuary jurisdiction and does not fully cooperate with federal immigration officials. That includes not honoring ICE detainer requests. “ICE was never notified of Mr. Gonzalez’ various releases,” Homan wrote in the statement regarding Gonzalez.

There were several fires in the region, and it is not clear what role the fires Gonzales allegedly set played in the overall disaster.

Homan’s public statement highlights the lack of cooperation from Sonoma County officials and the devastating wildfires that have ravaged the region:

Once again, a non-cooperative jurisdiction has left their community vulnerable to dangerous individuals and preventable crimes. ICE lodged a detainer against Jesus Gonzalez with Sonoma County jail officials on October 16, following his arrest on felony charges for maliciously setting fire to a property. This is especially troubling in light of the massive wildfires already devastating the region. Over the past year, ICE has lodged detainers against Mr. Gonzalez after four separate arrests by Sonoma County on various felony and misdemeanor charges. ICE was never notified of Mr. Gonzalez’ various releases. Additionally, Mr. Gonzales has been returned to his home country of Mexico on two separate occasions. The residents of Sonoma County, and the state of California, deserve better than policies that expose them to avoidable dangers. Non-cooperation policies – now enshrined in California state law – ensure only one thing: criminals who would otherwise be deported will be released and left free to reoffend as they please.

California Gov. Jerry Brown recently signed into law a bill that makes California a sanctuary state.

Thank you for your post, Jen!

We will be monitoring the submissions and sending updates to Miss Coulter!

:wave:

bobdebstef

#4 Post by bobdebstef » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Ann, Republicans are grossly underestimating the impact of eliminating the state income and real-estate tax deduction on future elections. I am retired and live in Illinois. I was a middle manager, worked long hours and diligently saved to provide a comfortable retirement for my wife and I. We have a decent size home and a small vacation/retirement condo in Michigan. We itemize deductions and given the proposed changes we are exposed to a 10% reduced spending level in retirement with no way of offsetting it. Frankly, 30 years of Democratic administrations could not have hurt me more personally than this current tax plan (as proposed) would have done. There are currently over 40 Republican seats (enough to make the Republicans a permanent minority party) from high tax states and those elections are very close. I believe that Republicans may PERMANENTLY lose these seats if they pass the bill with the proposed provisions.

I have voted Republican since 1984 and was a small donor for 2016. I would never vote for a Democrat, but given personal impact of the tax changes and the lack of progress on other strategic items like the wall and Obamacare I will permanently sit at home on election night for the rest of my life.

I really don't think I am alone.

Bob Sanders

Aliquis
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Aliquis » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:47 pm

Thank you for your post, Mr. Sanders. :wave:

Quite likely you will have many who agree and many who disagree.

But that is what we support, individuals making their own decisions...and others reaching out, reasoning and/or :cuff: :slap: :bbat: :cannon: :knife: :summiter1: :summiter2: :helo4: :cowboy: :hunt: :rlaunch: :shooter: :biggun: :2guns: :laser: :jeep2: :tank: :griv1: :griv2: :griv3: :griv4: :griv5: :dualgun: :2a: to make the counter point and seek consensus.

:flag:

:wink: :grin:

thflores

#6 Post by thflores » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Hi Ann. I was watching some older videos, in one of which you were saying that the best thing a single parent can do for their child is give them up for adoption, citing that 80% of criminals come from single homes. I have to disagree. For one this would flood the foster care system with millions of children, and we just dont need that. Second of all, the numbers just arent on your side. While im not disagreeing on you statistics on the family backgrounds on criminals, just because 70 or 80 percent of Inmates come from single parent househilds does not mean that 70-80 percent of children from single parent households will be criminals. There are 2.5 million inmates in America. The number of single parent households is 13.6 million, and thats not counting the kids, just the parents. Im sure the number of children is much higher but i couldnt find it. The point is, the number of single parent families vastly outnumbers the number of total inmates. If what youre implying were true, the difference wouldnt be so great. Its obvious to me, that 1 good parent is better than 2 lousy ones. Single people are not restricted from adoption either. I'd love a response, I really wanted to get a message to you, I just wasnt sure how to do that, so I apologize if i chose the wrong route.

Flyingcloud

#7 Post by Flyingcloud » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:50 pm

thflores wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:01 pm
Hi Ann. I was watching some older videos, in one of which you were saying that the best thing a single parent can do for their child is give them up for adoption, citing that 80% of criminals come from single homes. I have to disagree. For one this would flood the foster care system with millions of children, and we just dont need that. Second of all, the numbers just arent on your side. While im not disagreeing on you statistics on the family backgrounds on criminals, just because 70 or 80 percent of Inmates come from single parent househilds does not mean that 70-80 percent of children from single parent households will be criminals. There are 2.5 million inmates in America. The number of single parent households is 13.6 million, and thats not counting the kids, just the parents. Im sure the number of children is much higher but i couldnt find it. The point is, the number of single parent families vastly outnumbers the number of total inmates. If what youre implying were true, the difference wouldnt be so great. Its obvious to me, that 1 good parent is better than 2 lousy ones. Single people are not restricted from adoption either. I'd love a response, I really wanted to get a message to you, I just wasnt sure how to do that, so I apologize if i chose the wrong route.
It sounds like you are referring to a video of Ann appearing on the Father Albert show in July of 2011. The point you are making appears to be that correlation does not prove causation.

We have a discussion thread with the title, Ann on Father Albert Show (Single Mothers) in the Ann Coulter Appearances forum.

To get to that thread and post in it, all you have to do is join the ACOC. You will need a valid e-mail address, pick out a user name, a pass word and answer a question to show that you are not an automated spam bot.

Join the discussion with us. People who disagree with Ann are welcome here too. I'm well known for doing that on this board. :nod:

Aliquis
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Aliquis » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Flyingcloud wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:50 pm
thflores wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:01 pm
It sounds like you are referring to a video of Ann appearing on the Father Albert show in July of 2011. The point you are making appears to be that correlation does not prove causation.

We have a discussion thread with the title, Ann on Father Albert Show (Single Mothers) in the Ann Coulter Appearances forum.

To get to that thread and post in it, all you have to do is join the ACOC. You will need a valid e-mail address, pick out a user name, a pass word and answer a question to show that you are not an automated spam bot.

Join the discussion with us. People who disagree with Ann are welcome here too. I'm well known for doing that on this board. :nod:
:goodpost:

:nod:

Thank you, Flyingcloud. :high5:

We invite and welcome all to join and post at the ACOC,

timf

#9 Post by timf » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am

Re: Judge Moore

Those of us who remember the Anita Hill hearings remembers the glassy-eyed, monotone, zombie-like recitation of unwanted advances regurgitated by someone who had been led to believe that they had been attacked.

Consider children led by prosecutors to believe they had been sexually assaulted in various day care centers until it was discovered that the idea of sexual improprieties came from the investigators and not the children.

Consider the number of incest charges later proven false resulting from guided imagery techniques used by therapists with their patients to convince them that they had suffered harm.

Consider that black Republican primary contender (I can't remember his name right now - I guess his assault was pretty effective) who was taken out by similar charges and it was later discovered that the alleged victim was really a neighbor of a Chicago democratic operative.

The reason we have a judicial system and trial by jury is so that the rest of us do not have to listen to and sift through tons of boring facts. However, trial by blind side journalism and mob hysteria seems to serve the purpose of liberals who were never interested in truth to start with. All they need to do is find anyone willing to be persuaded and can give a reasonably sincere 30 second sound bite.